Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is the air con on Renault Zoe don't know if a fault but mine doesn't seem to be as cold as my petrol car used to be

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
743 Posts
I had mine re gassed in my 2014 Q210 recently and it’s very cold, easily as cold as any ICE car.

Eco mode throttles down the AC in the Zoe switch off Eco select the recirculate button and try it again.

Mine was low on gas when I got it, this fault manifested itself by a loud whirring noise and a slight vibration when it had been running a while, the re gas cured all of this though.

If you do suspect you have an AC problem you should get it checked because the Zoe uses it’s AC to cool the battery when rapid charging.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
603 Posts
yes , the ECO button will throttle it. Thats interesting what you said about turning on the recirculating mode on because logically if you want to cool down the inside cabin the last thing you want is to be dragging in hot air from the outside . So I am gonna try that next sweltering day we have (y)

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
743 Posts
yes , the ECO button will throttle it. Thats interesting what you said about turning on the recirculating mode on because logically if you want to cool down the inside cabin the last thing you want is to be dragging in hot air from the outside . So I am gonna try that next sweltering day we have (y)
Yes having recirculating switched on makes a big difference because the same chilled air passes over the evaporator over and over and gets cooler each time.

Saves quite a bit of energy as well.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Does the Climate Control not turn on the recirculation automatically on the ZOE when the conditions require it? It turns it on and off automatically on our PHEV when it's really hot/humid inside, but I've not checked in the ZOE.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,623 Posts
Does the Climate Control not turn on the recirculation automatically on the ZOE when the conditions require it? It turns it on and off automatically on our PHEV when it's really hot/humid inside, but I've not checked in the ZOE.
I am not sure but I think it does. It doesn't indicate (the LEDs seem to indicate more the mode you select than what it's actually doing), but airflow noise changes noticably during operation.

I know we can read valve positions from the HVAC computer, but we never bothered to check and/or display them, it seemed too "internal / geeky".

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
603 Posts
I think in the case of the ph1 Zoe's if you got a model called the ZEN , then it had 'air quality management' - it would sample the air coming into the car from the outside. If the air Quality Sensor detected nasty fumes of petrol or diesel it would automatically close of the recirculation flap so that instead of drawing in dirty air from outside it would recirculate the air inside the cabin. When the outside air got clean again it would open up the flap automatically and let the air in from the outside (well in settings for DDT4all, there is a setting called 'auto recirculation') other than that the other noises you hear of flaps are the blower direction when climate control is on 'auto' it will distribute the air in the car (be it warm or cold air) through face vents, footwell and screen in a cycling way and thats the noise you can hear from those direction flaps .

my Zoe 2013 is the intens model and hasnt even got the air quality management senor there at all , so mine does not close off the recycling flap at all if I am behind a stinky fume'y vehicle in front i have to manually press the recirculation button on the climate control to shut off the outside air.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Reactions: Andy-Zoé-User

·
Registered
597 Posts
Our Volvo V70 had that in the late 90s. It was so useful in traffic jams - in previous cars I'd turn on recirc only to forget it till the windows started steaming up some time later...

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,816 Posts
How good is the air con on Renault Zoe don't know if a fault but mine doesn't seem to be as cold as my petrol car used to be
FWIW, the AC and the heat cannot be used together.

Depends if you are asking if the AC can provide dehumidification, in which case the answer is NO if you have also selected any heat.

Used on its own, temp to lowest possible and select AC, should be like any other car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts