Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC stopped working today, as in the AC light comes on and air gets blown out of the blowy things but its just current-temperature air rather than cooled down air.

Anyone got any hints before I call the dealer? e.g. is there a fuse I could look at, or some refrigerant I could check or something?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
There will be an air conditioning fuse / relay somewhere, check handbook for location. Beyond that it’s a dealership issue in terms of refrigerant leakage, failure of the compressor etc. It’s been really warm recently, did you have it running full blast for any length of time? If you did, I’d let it rest and try it again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Forgive me if I’m stating the obvious.

Fan was definitely on? It won’t work without.

Temp set right? I’ve noticed that it’s easy to accidentally change the target temp on the app.

Battery state of charge. I’m not sure but wouldn’t be surprised if the a/c is compromised at lower battery levels.

Other than that, could be a fuse but perhaps more likely stone damaged condenser or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A further thought. We have a/c set on 20c. Today outside temp was 20c, maybe in that situation no cooling takes place?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If the sun is out brightly, the system will anticipate the solar gain and turn AC on. If the system is set to auto and cooling is not required, it will switch off the AC light.

So if light is on, AC should be functioning and pushing cold air. The greater the differential between the interior temp and the system setting, the harder the fans will work to push said cold air.

At least that’s my observed experience of the system in operation.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
97 Posts
AC stopped working today, as in the AC light comes on and air gets blown out of the blowy things but its just current-temperature air rather than cooled down air.

Anyone got any hints before I call the dealer? e.g. is there a fuse I could look at, or some refrigerant I could check or something?
A/C is turned off in ECO+ mode to save battery power

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I should have said - I've had the car for a year, so I know how everything works. Something definitely wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts