Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phew, it's hot today, so of course the air conditioning was on.

The thing is I noticed that there was a low level vibration coming through the car and quickly worked out that if I switched off the air conditioning then it would stop.
Switch it back on and the vibration started again.

Now, it was very, very hot so the air conditioning was being hammered and to be fair, after about 10 miles the air conditioning did slowdown as the car actually cooled.

Has anyone else experienced this vibration when the air condition is at full pelt?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
I had something similar on my Golf 6 GTI and on the Golf 7 GTE.

In the former case, it was the compressor that was kaput.

In the latter, a re-gas sorted it.

In the Golf 7 GTEs case, it was worse on very hot days, so hopefully it’s that rather than a compressor fault.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yesterday I noticed a small puddle under my car after blasting the AC on a half hour drive then coming back to it a few hours later.

From what I've read the AC is just working very hard in this weather, and some unusual but harmless behaviour is to be expected.

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Yesterday I noticed a small puddle under my car after blasting the AC on a half hour drive then coming back to it a few hours later.

From what I've read the AC is just working very hard in this weather, and some unusual but harmless behaviour is to be expected.

View attachment 133543
Puddles are normal, vibrations and humming noises when the aircon is being taxed are generally not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts