Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, no warm air or aircon cold air so need to check fuse for aircon compressor but not sure where it is located - any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandy and yoh-there

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, no warm air or aircon cold air so need to check fuse for aircon compressor but not sure where it is located - any help appreciated.
If you've got a dongle, check the gas pressure as well using CanZE. Not enough gas and the compressor won't run.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
834 Posts
have you got means of a obd2 and CANZE - it should tell you how much 'bar' pressure the refrigerant gas is .. - you may have a leak and there might be no gas left in the system, and no gas will just blow out cold air out the vents.

If you step out of the car can you hear fans going the sound of Jumbo Jet taking off? 😁

·
Registered
2,482 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
If I remember the aircon runs from 400V and there is a special fuse in one of the control boxes on the 'engine', best not to meddle with it!

·
Registered
834 Posts
If I remember the aircon runs from 400V and there is a special fuse in one of the control boxes on the 'engine', best not to meddle with it!
In a zoe the aircon/heatpump does not run on 400v DC does it? - even the cabin additional heating runs on LV (12v?) electrical PTC 1800w when it only calls for it (talking about Zoes in mild weather countries, maybe it different for cold countries)

The Cabin heat relies on Gas(refrigerant) , solenoids , compressor (that could be HV , i am not sure) and heatpump system (A/C running in reverse)

EDIT: Actually thinking about it the A/C compressor could run on the 380vDC because when you have the A/C / Heat pumpon and bring up that moving graphic on the rlink screen 'Flow' it shows the power coming from the traction battery to the AC system

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A bit more information on the 'no heat problem'
Car is 2016 and is R motor. When the car is stood as if Idling it does blow slightly warm air up to the windscreen(no fan noises from engine bay) but when travelling it just goes cold. There are no DTC's showing except occasionally I get a 'Inverter fan assembly' fault but this does not bring up any MIL lights and will clear straight away. I have attached the screen shot from CanZe showing the data from climate control, which I think shows gas pressure is ok but the compressor RPM is 0 so assuming this is not working - so how can you test if the compressor is working - assuming this gives heat to the cabin Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have also checked the fuses behind the glove box which are okay but reading one of the posts above is there one in the engine bay? Obviously pulling the main HV isolator fuse before checking as the compressor is fed from the HV battery i think.

·
Registered
834 Posts
A bit more information on the 'no heat problem'
Car is 2016 and is R motor. When the car is stood as if Idling it does blow slightly warm air up to the windscreen(no fan noises from engine bay) but when travelling it just goes cold. There are no DTC's showing except occasionally I get a 'Inverter fan assembly' fault but this does not bring up any MIL lights and will clear straight away. I have attached the screen shot from CanZe showing the data from climate control, which I think shows gas pressure is ok but the compressor RPM is 0 so assuming this is not working - so how can you test if the compressor is working - assuming this gives heat to the cabin View attachment 141500
blowing 'slightly warm air' could suggest that the PTC electrical addtional cabin heaters are kicking in - they are around 1800w (1.8kw) of power so that will give you some heat out of the vents

·
Registered
755 Posts
The air con/heat pump is run from the 400v system. If you're not getting warm air, check if you get cold air (ac). If neither check if it needs regassing/has a leak. If cold ac works but not heat, you need to try the hairdryer trick to reset it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have had it re-gassed and it is showing 51 bar as my attachment shows on my earlier post from a screen snapshot yesterday. I have tried the hair dryer trick twice but will have another go today just to make sure.
But what I do not understand is why I do not get any clues from what is wrong from either snap- on diagnostics or CanZe - surely some data must be able to point to where the problem is.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Have you done the Zoe heater reset trick, warming the temp sensor on the wing mirror and setting to full cold? It may just need that doing..

·
Zoe Devotee
9,442 Posts
I have had it re-gassed and it is showing 51 bar as my attachment shows on my earlier post from a screen snapshot yesterday. I have tried the hair dryer trick twice but will have another go today just to make sure.
But what I do not understand is why I do not get any clues from what is wrong from either snap- on diagnostics or CanZe - surely some data must be able to point to where the problem is.
Who pressurised it? Normally you see 20 or so BAR when the compressor is running. But its 50Bar with compressor at zero rpm. Seems way to high to me. Over pressured?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Depends where the sensor is I think. On an ICE car, the pressure can appear high on the LP side when the A/C is off, it then comes down to normal when the compressor runs.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,442 Posts
Depends where the sensor is I think. On an ICE car, the pressure can appear high on the LP side when the A/C is off, it then comes down to normal when the compressor runs.
My comment was based on my experience when owning a Zoe. Never saw over 20-ish BAR when under compression in use. It would be under 10 when idle, which is what this screen grab was showing. Zero compressor RPM, so 50bar seems very high.

Reactions: Spike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car was gassed using a aircon guy who only does aircon gassing and machine repairs so no reason to suspect it was over gassed, also think the 50Bar reading is correct as Launch diagnostics also shows the same - the compressor will not run that is the problem so either no power for what ever reason(not receiving the right command etc) or it has packed in.
Also still not sure where this elusive under bonnet fuse is located which was posted earlier - not sure this exists.
Need a reliable way of testing compressor whilst it is still on the vehicle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Having a wiring diagram would help but can not find one anywhere - plenty for the Leaf but nothing for the Zoe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts