Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm an EV old-hand, having got my first electric bike back in 2003, my first electric car in 2006 and been involved in the industry since.

I am picking up a 2012 Aixam Mega MultiTruck EV at the weekend. It has dead batteries and I am designing a new battery and DC rapid-charging system to install into it.

Does anyone know where I can get my paws on any technical or service manuals or drawings for this vehicle? Also, does anyone know what controller it uses?

Also, my truck doesn't have a rear body. I'd like to make it into a van. One option is to build my own box body for the back, but the cheapest option may be to get a standard Aixam van body... if anyone knows where I could get one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello all. I'm an EV old-hand, having got my first electric bike back in 2003, my first electric car in 2006 and been involved in the industry since.

I am picking up a 2012 Aixam Mega MultiTruck EV at the weekend. It has dead batteries and I am designing a new battery and DC rapid-charging system to install into it.

Does anyone know where I can get my paws on any technical or service manuals or drawings for this vehicle? Also, does anyone know what controller it uses?

Also, my truck doesn't have a rear body. I'd like to make it into a van. One option is to build my own box body for the back, but the cheapest option may be to get a standard Aixam van body... if anyone knows where I could get one?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Just seen this if its an AC model info is very scarce DC plenty on the tinternet, I am looking for a van body for mine as well, the few I have found have been to expensive or wrecked!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, this is the AC model. I've decided to go ahead and design and build my own body for the back. I think it's going to cost about the same, plus it will give me exactly what I want.

I've got in touch with the makers of the controller and getting information directly from them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yup, this is the AC model. I've decided to go ahead and design and build my own body for the back. I think it's going to cost about the same, plus it will give me exactly what I want.

I've got in touch with the makers of the controller and getting information directly from them.

I have this truck and two cars, the truck and one of the cars are both on lithium, the truck is solar powered and has done 18 months without problems. I have thought of installing a spare gearbox in the truck which is 8 to 1 instead of the 12 to 1 of the truck so it might be a little quicker than the current 32 mph :( anyway good luck with your plans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts