Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new public Alfapower charger installed near to me in Newport Shropshire and wonder if anyone else has used this network nationally. The network I think is either app accessed, and/or possibly an RFID card. The cost looks to be 25p per kWh. I would be keen to have an RFID card but there is no indication from the company’s website if one can be issued to an individual.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've used the one on Bristol Street in Leeds a couple of times, it has seemed to be reliable and is fast (100kw) it's only a single rapid though. I've used the app to start and stop it, I don't know whether an RFID is available for them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. Had another look at the company’s website and there appears to be a mention of issuing RFID cards to individuals. I have forwarded them ( Alfapower ) an e mail to see if I can obtain one. Would be interested to find out other users views of this new network. Some chargers are reasonably priced at 25p per kWh but notice that some have an additional “start” fee of £2 as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Used my new local Alfapower charger today, came away very impressed. I was able to obtain an RFID fob and used it today for the first time. Took me literally only five seconds to start the charging, tap the fob on the reader and attach charging cable ( Chademo ). No other buttons to press. Even easier to use than Instavolt. Cost of charging at this unit ( Lilleyshall ) is 25p per kw which is reasonable. Only slight downside is the charger was only giving 22kw. Whilst the chargers themselves look basic and built down to a cost the actual user experience is good, at this stage in the new networks life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts