Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I thought it looked fab, so I started trying to find some more info.

Complete carbon fibre body? Sounds expensive and not especially practical for a van! I've been trying to work out if there's a way to replace my Zoe with something electric that can carry 3 people and 3 bikes a reasonable distance. Currently, it seems that you have a choice between a car with range, or a van without (that costs quite a lot more). It feels like the best solution is going to be to buy a petrol vehicle to supplement the Zoe for distances and bikes. :(

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I thought it looked fab, so I started trying to find some more info.

Complete carbon fibre body? Sounds expensive and not especially practical for a van! I've been trying to work out if there's a way to replace my Zoe with something electric that can carry 3 people and 3 bikes a reasonable distance. Currently, it seems that you have a choice between a car with range, or a van without (that costs quite a lot more). It feels like the best solution is going to be to buy a petrol vehicle to supplement the Zoe for distances and bikes. :(
The Renault EV van has a bench seat in the front. But it has not rapid charging :(

·
Registered
691 Posts
The Renault EV van has a bench seat in the front. But it has not rapid charging :(
Are you sure? Everything on Autotrader has 2 seats, and the handbrake looks like it's in the middle? It would be interesting to see if you could retro-fit a Rapid charge unit to a Kangoo, but I bet it's not possible.
I think the Peugeot Partner has 3 seats, but that has crappy range as well as lack of proper rapid charging.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Both the 24 and 40 Env200 have the same cooling system, it just can't cope with the extra heat and density of the 40kWh pack. I run a 24kWh to the extreme, having done 14 rapids in a row and suffered no over heating.
Not exactly. For some unknown reason, Nissan altered the software for the 40kWh version, so that specifically when on a rapid, the cooling fans don't operate very long - often it's only for about 30 seconds, which is useless. When on a 7kW post though, they run all the time if the battery temperature is slightly above normal, and you can see the temperature gauge fall.

Last Friday I did a 450 mile trip and as I had to stop at Membury, after rapid charging for 45 minutes I then plugged it into the Ecotricity 7kW unit, and benefited from that drop in temperature, meaning I got 3 rapid charges at an initial rate of 38kW.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Vivaro van is due out hopefully around March time. I’m holding off for it but I’m in two minds wether to just go for the new diesel version. I’ve currently an e-nv200 and average about 60 miles. I drive fully loaded weight wise so this would be due to the poorer mileage. If I do opt for the vivaro electric I will be carrying it close to fully loaded also so would probably still see poor mileage. The off putting thing is they are going to cost a clean fortune and honestly don’t think the savings in fuel will cut it

·
Zoe Devotee
7,788 Posts
Renault make a Kangoo EV but its smaller than what you want
Only 8kg difference in their load capacity (in eNVs favour). Both can take 2 Euro pallets (maxi Kangoo vs eNV). Maybe you were only comparing the regular wheelbase Kangoo?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
partner/berlingo is basically an iMiev in a van body, if you can find one, they have Chademo.

LDV look like the kiddies to follow - I'd pay good money for a EV30 with the 53kW pack.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You also have the transit custom PHEV, which on paper appears to basically be a series hybrid, which is no bad thing at all... I drive an ampera and the series hybrid drivetrain is an excellent option.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Are you sure? Everything on Autotrader has 2 seats, and the handbrake looks like it's in the middle? It would be interesting to see if you could retro-fit a Rapid charge unit to a Kangoo, but I bet it's not possible.
I think the Peugeot Partner has 3 seats, but that has crappy range as well as lack of proper rapid charging.
Ah maybe I was thinking of the Peugeot.

·
Evezy £50 code - cada7
189 Posts
Only 8kg difference in their load capacity (in eNVs favour). Both can take 2 Euro pallets (maxi Kangoo vs eNV). Maybe you were only comparing the regular wheelbase Kangoo?
Quite possibly yes. Or just thinking of a completely different van altogether. I've just looked online an saw a pic of both together and aside from the Renault looking a tiny bit lower, they appear to be more or less identical in size.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts