Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think. Is the Mercedes EQC SUV an alternative to Tesla and Audi e-tron? Heard rumours about EQC recall even before it really hits the dealerships!!! ?
Here is the Mercedes EQC in Germany:

Stay electricfied 🚘⚡

·
Registered
298 Posts
Both look like good cars.

When I was first thinking about buying a higher priced EV, one of the main factors for me was the number of charging points. With a Tesla, you have access to their network and the public network.

If you regularly travel long distances and charge away from home, right now, a Tesla is the better option. Hopefully that will change soon.

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
You should all buy a Mercedes/Audi/Jaguar that’s properly engineered and tested. Not that poor quality American crap.

·
Registered
263 Posts
What do I think? I think it looks a nice car, very different set of strengths and weaknesses to either a Tesla or something like my Kona.
Interior looks plush it is apparently very quiet and comfortable, efficiency not great, charges fairly fast though. Probably if you want an ev to go as far as you can in a day get a tesla, but if you value comfort to my eyes this looks a nicer place sit.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cah197, although Tesla does is not listed on the JDPower reliability survey, Merc, Audi and Jaguar are hardly brilliant. Pity there isn’t enough data yet to differentiate between EV’s and ICE’s.

·
Registered
345 Posts
In my opinion, for what it's worth, it's the least compelling of the electric luxury SUVs.

Nicer-quality interior than the Tesla and arguably the Jaguar, nicer exterior than the Audi, but it's a heavy bastard with modest space for the body size, no front boot, and weak AC charging. The E-tron does everything a little bit better, the I-Pace sounds like it's a much better drive and crams similar usable space into a smaller package, and the Model X is so much more cavernous that it might as well be several size classes upwards, has more glasswork and presumably better software/infotainment, and of course the charging is in another class too.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,349 Posts
Can't anyone make attractive cars any more?

Seems like the world has gone pear-shaped. Podgy, overweight-looking things.

How did 'chubby' become the new design language for cars? SUVs, I guess?..... Yeah, very 'sporty' ... looking fat.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Can't anyone make attractive cars any more?

Seems like the world has gone pear-shaped. Podgy, overweight-looking things.

How did 'chubby' become the new design language for cars? SUVs, I guess?..... Yeah, very 'sporty' ... looking fat.
There's only one that has stood out for me in recent years, that's the new Suzuki Jimny.

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Cah197, although Tesla does is not listed on the JDPower reliability survey, Merc, Audi and Jaguar are hardly brilliant. Pity there isn’t enough data yet to differentiate between EV’s and ICE’s.
View attachment 124560
Sorry, I was just going on what I’ve been told on this forum. I hear the waiting facilities at the service centres for the premium marques are highly salubrious.

·
Registered
621 Posts
What does the EQC cost?
Price before grant
£65,640 - £79,260
Price after grant
£62,140 - £75,760

1 - 20 of 32 Posts