Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Because it's a tiny vehicle that primarily designed to go off road. Once you've squeezed 4 people in there, there isn't much room for anything else.
I've driven one. Fun to drive for sure, some body roll which suits off road stuff, cheap and plenty of standard kit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There is seemingly a considerable waiting list for the new Suzuki Jimny. I was actually in a local Suzuki dealer fairly recently, and he told me they're experiencing supply issues with the Jimny. I assured him I wasn't about to compound the problem........

I couldn't help noticing Suzuki do have several hybrids to offer though, although these were the smaller hatchback types.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Perhaps we need a separate jimny thread? They are remarkably capable on steep rough tracks, I've no doubt far better than an EQC off-road.
Good idea. EQC and all other EV’s at present are not true off roaders, just a bit more capable than most cars.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had a look at zap map today, and found 10 100kw + rapids in the country.
I think the success of these large batteried, fast charging, relatively inefficient cars is going to need many more of these hpc to be installed.
On a normal 50kw rapid, these cars are going to take a long time to add significant range.
MB / Audi really need Ionity to step up their rollout in the UK.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would love a Jimny. If EV's weren't available I would probably have one.

You can only really use it in the city or for real off roading. I wouldn't want to drive it very far on the motorway or A or B roads, it wouldn't be very pleasant to drive.

As I've got the Leaf, which makes city driving a dream, I would barely use the Jimny.

I like Japanese cars in general. They keep their cars simple. I like that a lot of manufacturers are ditching diesels, rather than making complex cars to meet emissions tests.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like Jaguar for being out there a bit before the other established automakers with a good try at a first luxury long-range BEV effort, and I will be able to consider one of those in the used market in a few years, if the prices fall on a traditional curve, and if a few other factors fall into place. These would need to include that Jaguar has shown that it stands behind the vehicle (including the battery). I'd like to consider a Mercedes EQC or Audi E-tron, but they took their time coming to the market with a long-range desirable BEV, and so it will be a longer wait for me than with Jaguar. In reality I will by then probably be completing payments on a used or new Tesla purchase and not looking back - not necessarily because of preference of one vehicle over the other, but because Tesla addressed my price point years ahead of the others, and I like to stick with a vehicle if it is meeting my needs.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Just checked and it only weighs 1045 kg. No wonder it’s great off-road.
I have a Panda Cross. Equally as light. Quite good in snow, with the right tyres!

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
461 Posts
Saw my first EQC400 on the road last night on the way home from work. Looked really smart. However, if it has the same interior and luggage space as the GLC, it'll be disappointingly small.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts