Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put some after market 17" Bola B1s on my leaf with Bridgestone weather control A005 tyres( All season) At under 3000 miles the tyres are 4mm on some parts of tyres. I am going to put standard 16" back on but I still want to use The Bridgestone A005 as I really like it. I guess something must be wrong with tracking or alignment with the after market alloys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put some after market 17" Bola B1s on my leaf with Bridgestone weather control A005 tyres( All season) At under 3000 miles the tyres are 4mm on some parts of tyres. I am going to put standard 16" back on but I still want to use The Bridgestone A005 as I really like it. I guess something must be wrong with tracking or alignment with the after market alloys.
I have just seen it is a known 'fault' with Sunderland built leafs.Softer allseason tyres are going to be a costly option

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just gone out and measured correctly in full light with vernier calipers . All seems ok. 6mm , 5MM on front outer edge. Panic over I hope.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The sunderland leaf issue specifically affects the rear axle of those cars.

Outer shoulder wear, especially on the front left tyre, is usually from cornering (ie roundabouts). If there are signs of feathering on the tread blocks then its an alignment issue and you'll want to get the alignment checked.

Feathering looks like this:

one edge of the tread block is smooth, and the other edge rises to a sort of sharp edge. Its very distinctive and almost always caused by incorrect toe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts