Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So the UK has pulled out of the agency agreement! Thats a shame! Cold mean a bumpy process for the UK buyers now :-(. Hard to know what it will mean though - maybe it will be better! Wonder if it will impact the lease options too...

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Prepare for the Brexiteers to line up on one side saying it is better out, the Remainers on the other saying it will be worse.

From the article:

“Thunder”, the new IT system, is being developed and will debut at dealers with the launch of the ID. family.
Hopefully this will work at the desired time otherwise they'll be selling nothing!

·
Registered
23 Posts
"Cold mean a bumpy process for the UK buyers now :-(".

I very much doubt it. Playing dealers against each other is half of the fun of buying a car, and it only takes one to blink and the buyer gets a better deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I very much doubt it. Playing dealers against each other is half of the fun of buying a car, and it only takes one to blink and the buyer gets a better deal.
That may be true typically but I dont think people buying the 1st edition will get any deals as such. Maybe when the series model launches though then this could be possible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That may be true typically but I dont think people buying the 1st edition will get any deals as such. Maybe when the series model launches though then this could be possible.
Agreed - it makes no difference to 1st buyers as the price will be set by VW Germany and pre-bookers have already nominated their dealer

·
Registered
112 Posts
Q: What do we need to make the launch of the ID.3 go really smoothly?

A: A brand new IT system, obviously!
Without the new IT system the ID.3 or any of the others cars planned for the MEB platform would have been too expensive to be viable. VW will reap the rewards with this new VW operating system because it will mean large cost savings for all of the brands.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts

As more EVs come to market this is going to die a death I think.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts