Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hello, what type of BMS would you recommend for a Peugeot partner tepee electric from allied.
You speak above of Orion or something similar.
We have a Peugeot partner tepee electric from allied.
What would it entail to change it over to Orion or something similar??
And please does anyone know where the charger is in the Peugeot partner tepee??
Thanks very much indeed
Not viable unless you change the VCM, etc too. You'd be better starting again with the whole conversion.

To answer the BMS question, Orion is the only real option for hobby/enthusiast level.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Mike,

I recently installed a ZEVA BMS and use it on a 14s home built home energy storage solution using nissan leaf cells, 3 in parallel 14 in series. They can also do far more cells with boards that daisy chain using CAN. It is very good. Accurate, easy to install, and reasonably priced.

Anthony.

Not viable unless you change the VCM, etc too. You'd be better starting again with the whole conversion.

To answer the BMS question, Orion is the only real option for hobby/enthusiast level.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I would reuse the cells, use orion as a bms because it supports chademo, and I would then use an alternative inverter/motor combo... By the time you have paid someone to do that, provided you are not an electromechanical genius and can do it yourself, you would be better off buying an eNV200.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you graz79. I will have a look for it.
What will it look like? I know that may sound a silly question, but never having one of these before, is it the devise that's on its side, vertical, sandwiched between the 12v battery and the inverter? And has a metal shield down the left side?
It says in it supervisor.
Also do you know how to dial up the power on the inverter?
So I have a bit more umph on the pedal??
As mine is very lathargic when setting off.
And when encountering any type of hill.
I can floor the accelerator, and it has no effect, we still just gently glide along at a gentle pace.
Thanks very much indeed.
Hope everyone is well, and keeping safe.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There is no way to tune the inverter settings. ansaldo who were the manufacturer of the inverter excited the EV market and will not provide tuning software or and support.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you graz79. I will have a look for it.
What will it look like? I know that may sound a silly question, but never having one of these before, is it the devise that's on its side, vertical, sandwiched between the 12v battery and the inverter? And has a metal shield down the left side?
It says in it supervisor.
Also do you know how to dial up the power on the inverter?
So I have a bit more umph on the pedal??
As mine is very lathargic when setting off.
And when encountering any type of hill.
I can floor the accelerator, and it has no effect, we still just gently glide along at a gentle pace.
Thanks very much indeed.
Hope everyone is well, and keeping safe.
Hi there,
Unfortunately I don't know much about the inverter so I can't help you with that. What Hughf said is correct though.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts