Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had Alloy Gators (or similar) fitted to their Zoe?
I take am due to pick my new Zoe up next week and am considering getting Alloy Gators but am interested to find out 1)if it is worth it and 2) is the fit good on the standard Zoe alloys.

I have scuffed the alloys on the last 3 cars I've had so my initial gut feeling is to get them

·
Registered
152 Posts
My Father bought a 18 month old Qashqai that had them fitted on the 19" wheels and they had all caused abrasion marks where they must flex with the tyres. They also trapped dirt which had caused corrosion to all 4 wheels where the dirt and salt got trapped.

He has taken them off and had them all refurbished.

Personally I would just be careful.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,602 Posts
My Father bought a 18 month old Qashqai that had them fitted on the 19" wheels and they had all caused abrasion marks where they must flex with the tyres. They also trapped dirt which had caused corrosion to all 4 wheels where the dirt and salt got trapped.

He has taken them off and had them all refurbished.

Personally I would just be careful.
I didn't like the way you had to tap them in between the tyre and rim with a mallet, I thought Rimblades might be better because they just stick on the face of the wheel and if done properly shouldn't allow water or dirt to get behind them, they are cheaper than Alloy Gators.

Alloy Wheel Protectors - Rimblades and RImbands

1 - 3 of 3 Posts