Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm not the first to dink one of the lovely new uber-turbine wheels on the M3P. Thankfully I predicted this might be an easy thing to do so took out an extra alloy insurance policy when I got the car. All worked as it should and someone came out very efficiently. A couple of weeks after the repair, for the first time I got to see the car from the passenger side in daylight from a distance and noticed that the repaired wheel is a totally different shade of grey! When I say "totally" that could be considered an exaggeration I suppose, but certainly it is noticeably a few shades lighter.

Obviously I will go back to the company to raise the issue but just thought I'd reach out and see if anyone has had a similar issue or indeed is there a specific colour code these guys need to know (although I might have assumed they'd already have had access to that sort of info!)

TIA

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,661 Posts
I had a similar issue with a standard silver wheel.

When I raised it with the refurb company, their solution was to paint the other wheel that side of the car as well, so they matched!

It is difficult sometimes to match the paint from the factory, but most decent places should be able to match paint even without a code.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Important to know when shades of grey are being changed, has it gone from military grey to ocean grey, or the other way around? One for red dwarf fans...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts