·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
275 Posts
I very nearly bought a set of Autec Skandic Matt Blacks, plus winter tyres, but common sense prevailed as I'm still doing very few miles and don't need to spend the money yet.

However, they do 18 x 7.5J as standard, which is slightly unusual, plus can get them in ET49, which is only 1mm out from the spec ET50.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, both.

My main concern was around the quality of Wheelbase's wheels but I should also have added that I would want to transfer the tyres from the standard steel ID3 wheels.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,661 Posts
Thanks, both.

My main concern was around the quality of Wheelbase's wheels but I should also have added that I would want to transfer the tyres from the standard steel ID3 wheels.
Wheelbase are just a reseller, I don’t believe they make any wheels themselves. I’ve always gone for Rial, Ronal, BBS, Oz or Fondmetal, but I’m sure there are plenty of others that are quality wheels.

I’ve used them a few times over the years, and they‘ve always been quick to dispatch wheels and they’re well packed.

I’ve also used Oponeo, but last time I checked everything was on a ‘call us for delivery times’ basis, presumably due to the border issues?

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
202 Posts
The alloys in this video look great

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does look good. Where did you get the loens? Seems to have been on backorder only on the one website I can find them on since I've been looking

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does look good. Where did you get the loens? Seems to have been on backorder only on the one website I can find them on since I've been looking
They do look very good: we're delighted with them and we got them on order through our dealer's Service Department. There was only a few days between the order going in and delivery.

If the website you're looking at is the same one I've seen, it's a VW dealer's site. It's not the 'official' VW Parts website.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ah nice. Yeah sounds like the same one I'm talking about. Did you get yours for about the same price as that one?

I did ask my dealer about them, but he said they weren't on his system, and so couldn't order them in, and was the first he'd heard of them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Odd your dealer couldn't order them. As far as I am aware, the part number on the website is a VW number.

·
Registered
603 Posts
If you want alternative official VW wheels, might be handy to keep an eye out on eBay for dealership postings for OEM wheels. Right now is prime time for dealerships to get rid of their excess winter tyre/wheel sets. For the wife's A1 back in 2016, I found a dealership listing 5 sets of 16" winter OEM Polo wheels with winter tyres for £416 (rrp was about £900). Obviously you won't need tyres as the ID3's tyre profile is more akin to a Tiguan than a Golf (but marginally too wide).

Kunzmann on German ebay are reasonable for OEM wheels too.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm due to pick up my ID3 with a set of East Derry's on it in the next few days and am considering repacing them with Loens. Anyone got any thoughts on what I might expect to get for them (wheels only, no tyres)?

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
I'm due to pick up my ID3 with a set of East Derry's on it in the next few days and am considering repacing them with Loens. Anyone got any thoughts on what I might expect to get for them (wheels only, no tyres)?
I’ve used this seller a few times, always been good. You might get them a bit cheaper from a German reseller, but no potential duty issues with a UK reseller.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks but I'm OK sourcing the Loens, I was wondering what I might expect to get for the East Derrys.

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
Thanks but I'm OK sourcing the Loens, I was wondering what I might expect to get for the East Derrys.
Ah I see, sorry, completely misunderstood your post. You’re wondering how much you could sell the East Derrys for?!

If they’re the black and silver East Derrys, then they’re advertised on eBay nearly new for £1k+ including the tyres, so I expect you might get £150-200 a wheel for minters?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts