Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what seems an eternity, with lots of bumps in the road, I have a confirmed collection day for next Tuesday.

My dealer has been particularly considerate and patient.

They only have two people working on car collections this week, one doing the handover, the other doing the PDI and sanitising the new car. I was also offered a loan car to enable me to get to work at the weekend.

I'm now drowning in emails and the PodPoint stuff. If my PodPoint install is deemed normal there will be no cost to me.

This may just be the longest part of my wait now.

I'm pigging out on Bjorn videos.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
My dealer has just got back in and had mailed to apologise that the battery ownership transfer documents for the Zoe were still in his in-tray!

thatll be why Renault are chasing me ;)

I bet you can’t wait

I watched almost every e208 vid on YouTube

JJ

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here, even some of the non English speaking ones. :D

I've had to accept compromises, GT, Faro Yellow, Pano roof were my first choice, but knowing the Corona Virus was imminent, I had no idea how long I'd have to wait for a new build. Who could guess what the battery supply situation would be.

So I blinked, and got my dealers last stock car on this side of the Channel. Think I also miss out on electric and heated seats as well. But with pre-conditioning I'm thinking, the lack of heated seats, a heated steering wheel (not an option, but one of the best new car options around) will not be an issue (he said fingers crossed).

I've had many Prestige brand cars, high performance cars, but the thought of this car excites me so much, because it's not ICE.

Let's hope I made the right choice.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've watched the whole of Bjorn's 1000km trip.

It's like a virtual test drive.

From a sceptic to a person who rates this as good as a Taycan or better (due to price), is the sort of praise I want to hear. He even said he'd have the car for a year if the dealer would let him.

I'm glad my dealer let me have the car on a test drive for as long as I needed. I covered all of my regular routes and some.

The video reminded me how quiet the car is and that from stop acceleration is just glorious. His driving through Oslo at 6 in the morning was "entertaining".

I'm not blown away by Cumulus Grey, but you don't drive the colour you drive the car.

Just had my umpteenth e-mail re the new car Pod Point have confirmed my OLEV Documentation is complete.

Got my Sales invoice, chassis no, private plate, registration date 9/6/20. Progress.

·
Registered
Peugeot e208GT
122 Posts
@208's Plenty get them to do the recalls and all the software updates on the car, and do not take delivery unless they have ran diagnostics on the cars connected services equipment. Trust me, might save you a ton of time in the future. (I have trouble with non working connected services, the whole PUG update system is down for customers, and there is at least one recall for the car due to issues with Bluetooth / android auto or something related, and to be honest after delivery care of PUG is horroristic so far) :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am assuming the car gets darkened rear windows, but I can't see a car?

Anyone else considered or fitted these blinds? I saw them on a Faro Yellow in the showroom the day I had a test drive and just thought I'd like these.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Inching closer, Pod Point being installed a week Tuesday. Chosen to switch to EDF because of the extended Off Peak 9-7 (10-8) and weekends. My other electricity consumption benefits from the extended Off Peak Times.

All I need now is for the Car to be ready on Tuesday.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The wind deflectors have been fitted and the windscreen shades are in the boot, I was reliably informed today.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have one more bump in the road to negotiate.

Car Insurance , my current insurer does not insure Electric Cars!!.

I still have 4 months left on my current insurance, so this evening I will trying to find a good deal.

Fingers crossed. Any advice?

Dealer confirmed I can collect the car tomorrow morning. Private plate all taken care of.

Not too long to go now, looking forward to my 45 min walk there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All the insurance offices are closed/working remotely.

On line quotes work until I give my new Reg No which according to them doesn't exist.

It's at times like this you need to speak to a person and you can't. Arrgh.

Phone will be busy in the morning. :)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Direct line - pug was cheaper than the Zoe

aviva are also good

use Quidco to get £10 and £35 cashback (rates are way lower than normal)

JJ

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
All the insurance offices are closed/working remotely.

On line quotes work until I give my new Reg No which according to them doesn't exist.

It's at times like this you need to speak to a person and you can't. Arrgh.

Phone will be busy in the morning. :)
you get the free insurance from pug yeah? 7 days? Their quote was
Pretty good as well tbh

I couldn’t do any online quotes as the car didn’t exist for me - direct line picked up v quick

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have one more bump in the road to negotiate.

Car Insurance , my current insurer does not insure Electric Cars!!.

I still have 4 months left on my current insurance, so this evening I will trying to find a good deal.

Fingers crossed. Any advice?

Dealer confirmed I can collect the car tomorrow morning. Private plate all taken care of.

Not too long to go now, looking forward to my 45 min walk there.
pluginsure.co.uk were cheaper than any of the mainstream for me for two different BEV's

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of the tips.

Peugeot 7 day free insurance has done the trick and given me some breathing space.

This issues was, that although DVLA had assigned my private plate as the first registration, it doesn't immediately update the Insurance database.

That wouldn't have been a problem if I could have actually spoken to a person representing whichever insurance company I selected (the online quotes did not recognise my No Plate), but in so many cases, unless you had a claim, they weren't open for new business.

But it's all sorted now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts