Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.smmt.co.uk/wp-content/upload ... report.png

The table at the link above only shows that only 47 "plug-in car grant eligible" cars where sold in August.
Is that really all the Ampera/Leaf/etc that were sold?

If so it may explain why Vauxhall are now offering £1500 "partner" discount on the Ampera...

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I think there's always a drop in sales figures in August before the 'new plate' spike and there's also the Olympic effect to consider for a bigger than usual drop in sales. It will be interesting to see if the figures continue low in September or there's a massive jump.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I agree... figures normally drop in August however, I no believe that EV sales have stalled.

I think that the slow rate at which public charging is being installed, together with the high price and perceived lack of value in EVs, is turning people away.

Also, there are a lot of new models due out in the next 6 months so perhaps the few that are looking might be holding off to see what other options they might have early next year.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
What's this partner discount?

I've had a frustrating experience at work as two colleagues who have driven the car, agree it's great and the way forward, then buy a flippin Audi A5 and Mercedes ML. The Mercedes buyer was even replacing a Mercedes that caught fire! If they can't sell under those circumstances (and the price of petrol) then I don't know how they will.

·
Premium Member
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Link to Partners programme

http://www.vauxhalloffers.com/partners.php

I think a lot of not buying the Ampera or Volt with some people is snobbery. Driving a Vaxhall or Chevy does not have the image of Audi, BMW or Merc. I guess this will help the i3 when it eventually arrives...

·
Premium Member
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts