Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that I have seen mentioned somewhere here that there is an alternative company (to Tesla) to use for PCP but I cannot find the message. I understand that Lombard and Alphera might be alternative PCP suppliers but are there any others please?

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Tesla PCP is through Tesla but with Alphera.

·
Premium Member
10,078 Posts
Try Halifax car loans, they were quoting PCP deals at 3.2% APR, but now i think that has gone up to 4%.
Do you need to be Halifax customer as wanted me to login?

Halifax | Compare Our Car Finance | Car Finance

Edit: Answer was in FAQ.

...our car finance offer is for existing customers who have held a Halifax current account for more than 3 months.

·
Banned
4,591 Posts
Didn't realise you have to be a customer for 3 months, had a quick look for you.

On a £60k car, £25k deposit, 36 months, £450/months, final optional payment £23k.

So on £35k of debt over 3 years you have to pay back about £39k, just over £1k a year in interest. Or you can choose to spent £41k (including initial deposit) over 3 years, hand the car back and have nothing to show for it expect memories....

Tesla's PCP deal, £15k down, £472/months for 36 months, with final payment of £36k. So if your planning to hand the car back after 3 years your total spend is about £32k, £10k less than the Halifax deal.

Ofcourse that persumes when you hand the car back the PX value is equal to debt left on the car. But overall I doubt any third party will be able to offer a better PCP product on a Tesla than what's on the official website.

·
Banned
4,591 Posts
I think it was mentioned in a old post a while back but essentially which ever way you finance a new Tesla your looking at spending about £900/month in total for the first 3 years.

If you buy cash upfront your loss that in deprecation, if you use PCP/Lease/Loan you pay that amount in monthly payments (once you factor in the deposit).

In short they are damn expensive cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts