Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much as I'm generally enjoying my e208 (though gawd knows it has huge minus points and certain aspects I find complicated to operate) my eyes and heart are firmly focused on quite t h e most beautiful looking car in its class that I've ever come across and it will arrive in the UK next year, viz the BYD EA1. Suffice to say that it has >numerous< class-leading features (for a start, pricewise it will undercut its nearest rival by being roughly a third cheaper) and I feel it's not even a slight eggageration to say that when it begins hitting the European market in 2022 it will have the metaphoric impact of a torpedo. What's more it will herald the onset of a whole raft of other Chinese BEVs destined for our shores. Such are the EA1's considerable attributes (many, many, many) that were I a salesman in any Western dealership the brown stuff would already be running down my legs. In my opinion the car in question makes the Pug look like a clumsy lumberjack and old one at that. The word 'gamechanger' is perhaps an overused one but I feel it's wholly apt in this instance. It remains to be seen, however, what the British motoring press makes of it when road test time comes and whether safety features meet required standards over here. Truly, an automotive revolution is about to 'invade' our shores and in an instant sweep aside Joe and Jill Bloggs' scepticism about electric cars; in one fell swoop it will address their cost and range anxieties. I predict that alone it will be responsible for increasing the sales of electric cars by ginormous amounts. I reckon Build Your Dreams (BYD) will sell every single model of the car they can produce, they'll not be able to keep up with demand. (Their presence is already here in the form of a London route 69 electric bus.)

I think this traitor had now better lie low! But I'll almost certainly re-emerge driving the Oriental beauty if everything works out...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one but if you drum up the pics of it in pink it shows the car to much better advantage. I absolutely love it, especially tte Z-like effect in the side elevation. Even the rear cluster lights look uniquie and extremely stylish.The overall lines are simple and elegant and quite unlike anything I've previously seen in a car...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was at a Tesco Pod when a P208 brand new came in to plug in his new EV. I set my charge up and was about to move on when he asked about the his cable I showed him which end went where and asked if he had Pod Point App. he said Er and i explaind for tesco charge Pod point he needed to claim the charge. He didn' t have a clue and only a mobile withour internet so I used mine to claim his pod so I had now claimed 2 his and mine. It worked, he then said if he goes into tesco how could he be sure no one would take his charger. Mine has a lock i pointed out and this could be purchased on EVbitZ.com I thes said have you got Zap Map Er came the reply so I said he needed internet connection from Iphone or Microsoft unit and software known as APS to link car to al types of charger. The I asked what his range was I said if you filled a 208 with petrol is this what you would expect he said no; so you now need to -20% off the milage and ensure a long trip that you can get a chargehe asked how long would it take to charge from a pod point from 20% to 100% I said about 10Hours he then said he was going to take the car back. and get a petrol one.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,617 Posts
A traitor? Yes, next!
Agreed. I wonder whether Wolfgang Egger is a fan of the ID.3's styling?

or

If it comes with anything like the performance/range/price being promised and effective software I'll be very surprised. But we can but dream. ;)

Reactions: Tooks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agreed. I wonder whether Wolfgang Egger is a fan of the ID.3's styling?

or

If it comes with anything like the performance/range/price being promised and effective software I'll be very surprised. But we can but dream. ;)
Yes, I agree, the proof of the pudding and all that. But on looks alone I'd be tempted to buy it even if it transpires that the range is only capable of taking you twice round the block! I feel equally drawn to the looks of the Ora Good Cat but it pains me that both are a Chinese product. As one commentator put it the other day, the Chinese have gone from being imitators to innovators.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts