Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local council is offering free electric to charge or free to only use the machine?

Each of the new sites, which are free to use until the end of October 2021, will have two bays. One will be exclusively for taxis and private hire vehicles and the second is for all other users.

If its free, any point me in direction for a good Leaf car ? around 2017/2018 model

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been on the website and the details are below.

Connector 1 22 kW AC Socket
Free to charge. £10.00 overstay fee after 75 mins, then £10.00 every subsequent 75 mins
charge
Connector 2 50 kW DC Chademo Cable
Free to charge. £10.00 overstay fee after 75 mins, then £10.00 every subsequent 75 mins
charge
Connector 3 50 kW DC Combo (CCS) Cable

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does every leaf have a fast charging option?

Whats realistic mileage on each battery size please?

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Personally, I wouldn’t be buying an electric car just to avail myself of free electricity for 18 months.

But yes, I understand that it is free to use until late in 2021.

As the other poster said though, free Rapids get blocked up pretty quick with freeloaders.

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
It is, but as I say, you might find them difficult to get on when you want them, especially as Taxi’s will likely be using the other side of most chargers as well.

Consider also that if this does have the desired effect, you’ll be competing with many other early adopters, and also policies could change and they might start charging earlier than late 2021.

EVs are cheaper to run anyway, in comparison to petrol or diesel, I’d you can charge at home or even if you’re paying for public charging at sensible rates.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next question lease or buy a second hand?
Pros and cons of each?

Depreciation value on Leafs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts