Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks ace! Ordered mine via NHS fleet solutions last week in Mythos black, expected delivery in September, can’t wait!
What is the length of the type 2 charge cable supplied with the car?

thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
It does look good!

Keen to hear how you get on with the factory fit Bridgestones. When the time comes what might you replace them with? .... recognising that this is some time away.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What is the length of the type 2 charge cable supplied with the car?
It's still in the storage compartment, I have not even unwound it yet. I'll check tomorrow, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's about 5m.

EDIT: measured it with a tape measure and it's 6m. Also, the granny charger can be switched from a 3-pin plug to a commando plug.

·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does look good!

Keen to hear how you get on with the factory fit Bridgestones.
Thanks! I've driven 5.5 miles so far, so hardly enough chance to evaluate the tyres. They seem quiet enough. I've not put my foot down yet as the tyres need chance to wear in first. I'll let you know.

·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet its super quiet and refined. And I hope the sword fits...
You know it does 😆

It's very comfy, although the air suspension is more "floaty" than I expected. I think Sport trim and above have slightly different suspension setup. My S8 was like a magic carpet. The E-Tron is very comfortable but not quite as good.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You know it does 😆

View attachment 133156

It's very comfy, although the air suspension is more "floaty" than I expected. I think Sport trim and above have slightly different suspension setup. My S8 was like a magic carpet. The E-Tron is very comfortable but not quite as good.
Looks brilliant. I'd love to be cruising down the autoroute du soleil in that thing. Great pics too thanks

·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks brilliant. I'd love to be cruising down the autoroute du soleil in that thing. Great pics too thanks
I wasn't quite prepared for the attention it gets. I was expecting it to be quite anonymous - after all, it's just another Audi SUV in mid-blue. People stare in traffic, passers by stop to peer at it. The neighbors all wanted a look. The guy who delivered my curry this evening was gushing over it.

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron - Launch Edition
32 Posts
I wasn't quite prepared for the attention it gets. I was expecting it to be quite anonymous - after all, it's just another Audi SUV in mid-blue. People stare in traffic, passers by stop to peer at it. The neighbors all wanted a look. The guy who delivered my curry this evening was gushing over it.
It's surprising really, like you say there's other cars around that are far more 'show-off' than an electric SUV. Remember having the demo, I was adjusting the suspension whilst stationary and kept putting my foot down to jump into gaps in traffic. Ended up with all sorts of people not even subtly - staring at the car, it felt a bit awkward at first.

Interesting around your comments of the suspension and whether they are truly different beyond the sports trim, I do remember the '55' model I tried feeling fairly soft but it did have a 'bouncy' element to it?

Looks good, let us know how you get on! :)

·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting around your comments of the suspension and whether they are truly different beyond the sports trim, I do remember the '55' model I tried feeling fairly soft but it did have a 'bouncy' element to it?
It's not bouncy per se. There's a little bit of a rock sometimes when you come to a halt. It's certainly softer and more pliant than the air suspension on my S8. Very comfortable though, and suits the car perfectly.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It's not bouncy per se. There's a little bit of a rock sometimes when you come to a halt. It's certainly softer and more pliant than the air suspension on my S8. Very comfortable though, and suits the car perfectly.
The 55 (certainly on Launch Edition, not sure on others) adjusts the suspension with drive mode - efficiency and comfort are fairly softly sprung, Dynamic (or whatever silly description they use) is much tighter and does change the feel quite a bit. Does the 50 do that as well...?

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron - Launch Edition
32 Posts
The 55 (certainly on Launch Edition, not sure on others) adjusts the suspension with drive mode - efficiency and comfort are fairly softly sprung, Dynamic (or whatever silly description they use) is much tighter and does change the feel quite a bit. Does the 50 do that as well...?
Accordinng to colleagues who have 50/55, that sounds the same. I note the launch edition, sline have “sport air suspension” which may be what was being referred to as above, wonder if there is an actual difference. But the feature to adjust ride height etc seems to be fairly standard across each version. I’d be intrigued if the various versions actually have any physical suspension differences.

·
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's adjustable in the same way, and has the same Drive Select functions which raise and lower the suspension. The features don't differ by battery size, but rather by trim level. The Technik and Sport get Adaptive Air Suspension, S-Line and others seem to get Adaptive Sport Air Suspension. I'm not sure what the exact difference is though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It's adjustable in the same way, and has the same Drive Select functions which raise and lower the suspension. The features don't differ by battery size, but rather by trim level. The Technik and Sport get Adaptive Air Suspension, S-Line and others seem to get Adaptive Sport Air Suspension. I'm not sure what the exact difference is though.
I think the "Sport" but is what I'm referring to - not just ride height, but changing the damping as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts