Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently standard Autopilot is only designed for dual carriageways and motorways (Sorry, don't know the equivalent in USA) so it is not an issue yet but in the UK there are a large number of people who ride horses on the single carriageway roads. When approaching from either direction you are expected to slow down some distance away and pass wide and slow. Is there a similar issue in the USA as I can see it being very difficult to implement in FSD. If they do have horse riders on roads has any Beta testers encountered them?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Currently standard Autopilot is only designed for dual carriageways and motorways (Sorry, don't know the equivalent in USA) so it is not an issue yet but in the UK there are a large number of people who ride horses on the single carriageway roads. When approaching from either direction you are expected to slow down some distance away and pass wide and slow. Is there a similar issue in the USA as I can see it being very difficult to implement in FSD. If they do have horse riders on roads has any Beta testers encountered them?
I don't know about horses on American roads but the AI Day presentation included an example of training the NN for FSD (I might have the wrong noun here but I hope you can follow my intention) by using images of a family running along the centre lane on a highway (motorway equivalent).

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Tesla's FSD beta has been shown to be able to pass people walking on the road (in either direction) and slow moving roadworks vehicles. It stands to reason it recognises horses, or at least won't be too difficult to get it to work with horses on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts