Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what these indicators look like when active and under what circumstances do they become active? I'm sure I have driven the car in conditions that would have both aircon and heating active and not active. I set my cabin temp to 22 degrees as advised in the manual, but I have never seen these two do anything.
Airconheatstatus.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see them come on almost immediately when is select ‘Eco’ or ‘Max’ mode for climate. Then they come on and off as required by the desired temperature etc. If you set the ‘Min’ A/C won’t be used, just the fans.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The AC (snowflake) indicator also turns on occassionally when you only have the "top arrow"/defog fan selected, even with the MIN energy saver selected.

It just says ON if it is activated, as in your picture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks - I spend most of the time on MIN so maybe that's it. I'll turn the temp up and down tomorrow and put it on MAX - see if I can see anything. I think I was expecting them to change colour but now I'm beginning to think that they stay white text on black background.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I set the climate to auto, and adjust the temperate. They aircon and heater do their own thing to maintain that temperature. If the fans get too noisy on a hot day I just turn the temp up a bit until they quieten down.
I occasionally press the screen button to defog the windscreen if it's a wet and humid day, and I'm in an out of the car a lot, but revert back to Auto as soon as I can.
If it's wet, humid and on a long journey, sometimes I have to switch to manual to keep the screen clear, but it's rare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Feeling a bit foolish now because once I paid proper attention, it works as you've all kindly described. I just hadn't noticed the changing text before. As I said above, for some reason I'd been expecting something more colourful to happen. So that's none more thing ticked off the list. This forum has been a real help - from preventing panic when "Service Steering Column Lock" comes up to solving the mystery of the disappearing DAB signal. Thanks all - it really is a great car to drive and as I launch into the era of no warranty I do so with increasing confidence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts