Electric range is about 30 (winter) to typically 45, 50 if driven carefully and calmlyI've got a friend who was all set to put an order in for an i3 but his wife just put the kibosh on it at the last moment.
The latest Ampera deals are looking more palatable so he's now switched his attention to that. We're probably going to nip out in our lunchbreak to go take a look at one. I'm not really up to speed on the Ampera but I've had a quick search on here. Can owners tell me if this 'real world' summary is about right?
* Electric range 40 miles, 50 if driven very carefully
* Petrol range 300 miles
* Petrol efficiency 40mpg (?)
* Usable battery capacity 10kWh
* 16A onboard charging, so 3 hours to charge or 5 hours via 3-pin plug?
* Type 1 charging socket on car.
* Need to purchase Type 2 to Type 1 lead for public charging.
* Servicing about £120 a year.
Anything else on the basics list that he should be aware of?
Petrol range yep about right.
I typically get 45-50 on petrol. Depends on the hills and speed as always. It's never been as low as 40, even doing 70+mph back from London on the A3.
Usuable battery is 10.6 for mine, I think its 10.9 for the latest ones (new owners pls confirm)
Its about 3.5-4 hrs to charge fully from 16A, or about 5.5-6 hours at 10A from a 13A socket.
Another forum member just had has 2nd service done, cost just over £200. My first service was about what you've said, haven't got to my second yet.
Four seats, not five. May be a factor for your friend.