Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Ampera "beep" during the night whilst charging

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RickMGoldie 
#1 ·
Hi All.
I'm used to the annoying "beep" when I first connect my home Polar charging station cable to the car, but for the last few nights (hot weather, bedroom windows open) I've heard the same beep several hours later. When I looked out of the window the green charging light was still visible on the dash.
There are no errors reported the following day, and no evidence of any power outages to the rest of the house during the night.
Has anyone come across this before?
Thanks
Mike

#2 ·
Not heard it, no... maybe your charging station isn't on quite a good enough electrical connection and it's resetting or something? Or maybe the car is rebooting for some reason!?

#3 ·
Its not the "power interrupted whilst plugged in" 'cause that's a constant muted beep, beep
and its not the "cable unplugged whilst charging" 'cause that's the loud alarm

total guess but does it beep once when charge is complete I wonder?

#4 ·
If I isolate my EvSE then reconnect its supply without disconnecting from the car it will redo the beeps. Otherwise if the pilot pins lose connection it would think the plug had been removed and replaced and jump into immediate charge mode. I suspect your charger is complaining about line voltage and reporting power outage to the car.

#5 ·
All interesting ideas, thanks.
I've got the "cable unplugged whilst charging" alarm turned off, as I kept forgetting to disarm the car in the morning before unplugging the cable, and waking up the entire street.
I suppose most likely suspect would be "power interrupted whilst plugged in", but only long enough for a singe beep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.