Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might want to remove the LED bulbs as they're now an MOT failure (March).
Good point!
Technically yes! But have sailed through MOTs with no probs for several years now! And far safer, IMHO. No glare as cut-off is excellent.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Good point!
Technically yes! But have sailed through MOTs with no probs for several years now! And far safer, IMHO. No glare as cut-off is excellent.
I appreciate they have before, but rules changed this year specifically to fail LEDs in halogen housing.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Agreed. It's a moot point whether or not to technically break the law by fitting far better lights that don't dazzle & do illuminate the road reasonably. Or stick with the original halogens & possibly suffer an accident as a result of not being able to see where you're going at night!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump: Can just serviced & MOT'ed a Bellingers, no problems & sailed through no problems.
Only comment made was "slight corrosion on rear discs inner edge". I must do a bit of disc-polishing by selecting Neutral & braking, as this avoids regen & forces the car to exercise the under-used brake cylinders.

Why am I selling? I bought an Hyundai 38 kWh that will do my trips 100% electrically. So this fine car now needs a new home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump: Can just serviced & MOT'ed a Bellingers, no problems & sailed through no problems.
Only comment made was "slight corrosion on rear discs inner edge". I must do a bit of disc-polishing by selecting Neutral & braking, as this avoids regen & forces the car to exercise the under-used brake cylinders.

Why am I selling? I bought an Hyundai 38 kWh that will do my trips 100% electrically. So this fine car now needs a new home.
Hi Andy, I've sent you a message via FB marketplace, very interested in the car, just posting here in case you miss the other message.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ampera provisionally sold, but check here Tuesday 21st evening to see if sale fell through!
Edit: car sold, now in a good home in Brighton.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts