Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Is that car already registered by the dealer? I know that dealers sometimes register cars themselves often to meet sales quotas giving them better discounts for the following month. However, if this is already registered then if you bought it you'd be the 2nd owner and although it is for all intents brand new you would be the 2nd owner.

Would you then be eligible for the £5000 grant? I suspect not. Still cheaper than a brand new one though but not by as much as you might think using the figures they quote.

Just a thought :)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,508 Posts
The cost of my new one is not much more when you take into account the full warranty and the Ampera Owner's package that they are offering just now:-
£2,000 (inc VAT) towards fuel costs – approximately equivalent to three years’ driving on a combination of battery electric and extended-range fuel driving
3yrs/60,000 miles free servicing
A Type 2 public charge cable - enabling you to charge your Ampera in just four hours
£335 (inc VAT) customer allowance (equivalent to the 25% funding gap in government domestic home charging installations)

I will not benefit from the charging installation allowance as I have gone through the Energy Savings Trust.
The dealership is also giving me a bit of a discount as Vauxhall will not take an order for the vehicle with the option I wanted and they are also doing a £100 worth of fuel prepaid card

·
Registered
37 Posts
The listing states that it is main Vauxhall agent supplied. Presumably that means it comes with a Vauxhall's main agent second hand guarrantee which I believe is still a lifetime or 100,000 whichever comes first (plus the 100,000 mile or 8year battery guarrantee). It is also transferrable! I happen to know this as that is how I bought mine a year ago. It was an agent's show car taken to various exhibitions and they assured me it came with Vauxhall's first owner guarantee which I checked with Vauxhall themselves. They confirmed (in writing) that it was covered for the 100,000 miles + battery whichever way you looked at it.

Clive

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Note that the Vauxhall approved warranty does not have as wide a cover as the new warranty and there are contribution costs for each repair. Terms and conditions are on the Vauxhall web site.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
I was told the new warranty conditions are very strict - you must be the first registered keeper.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think certain "nearly new" and ex demonstrator cars can, if the dealer is a Network Q dealer, have the lifetime Warranty applied/transferred to the second owner.

It's only under certain conditions and as long as the dealer registers the ownership change and pays a fee!

So I'm not surprised Clive S got it in writting

Big Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts