Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first week with my Ampera, and loving it so far, but it does have a couple of quirks, one being items in my boot are visible through the seats and darkened rear window, but I've worked around them with the help of Lookers. The other being the very low air deflector on the front of the car, which scraps when going up my driveway, then, when reversing the centre piece gets pulled out from the sides whilst producing a terrible scraping sound.

The original part dimensions: Sides 6.5cm tapering to 9cm at their deepest.

The smaller deflector dimensions: Sides 2.7cm tapering to 5.7cm at their deepest.

The new lower deflector has made a huge difference, I can now approach my drive without any scraping. The only negative I've heard of is that you can lose 1mpg above 70mph, not sure how true this is though.

The Opel/Vauxhall PN: 20993998 @ £35 + VAT.

I got a 10% discount because I'm in the service club. But if you was about to purchase a new Ampera I'd try and get it thrown in.

Fitting is a 10min job, I certainly wouldn't pay to have it fitted as it's very easy, also it doesn't affect your warranty as it's a consumable item.

I've attached some pictures and a copy of the invoice to make your life easier if you wish to get one or are considering it.

Regards

Laurence.
Lower Front Deflector.jpg
Invoice.jpg

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,546 Posts
Hello and welcome. Handy to know the details, I will wait until mine is worn away, my drive in and out is fine it is only some speed bumps that make any noise.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
It scrapes on my drive and entering work's car park....but now I know it's a design feature I can live with it. It makes the car look sporty and if it improves economy great.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Useful post thanks. I only scrape mine every morning so I know it will need replaced at some point. Nice to know it is not a ridiculous price when the time comes!

Derek

Reactions: Brooktop
1 - 4 of 4 Posts