Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was testing my new Evse, and didn't realise the car was already full, after forcing some charges I got the high voltage error. This is not related to the battery liquid level, already shunted the sensor plug with a 24k resistor. Tryed to erase the error but it came up 1 second after... Tryed also disconnecting the 12v battery for some minutes, didn't help.. Dealer can only receive the car in middle September... Can you give me any ideas to try? Thanx a lot.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Does it start up to “ready” or leave you in HV disabled mode?
If it does go to ready, use some of the charge, by driving or using heating/ cooling for an hour or so. Then recharge to full leaving it plugged in for an hour or so before re-trying the startup.
If it doesn’t go to ready, it may be the hvac charger control unit like I had go. There must be lots of other possibles that I don’t know about, of course. Once it refuses to start up to ready, it has to go in by flatbed or front wheel lift tow to see an HV service dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
This would be better in the Ampera forum where more might see it

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
It starts in "ready" but can only use ice since battery is empty and can't receive any charge.
Almost definitely your Ac Charge control unit or EVSE.
The battery is obviously ok and main motor and inverters, as they are used in EREV mode.

Try Mountain mode for 20 mins to see if you get up to 14 miles range on battery. Try a different EVSE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.