Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our Ampera for nearly 3 months and finally the parts are in to replace the leather seat cover on the front passenger side. If you remember I posted here ages ago about the cut in the seat that developed after 2 days from new... well the cover has finally arrived from the USA so they have the car now to fit it.

While it is in they are also removing the rear bumber and respraying to fix the flaking paint issue and they will fit plastic protectors to stop it happening again.

They are also adding the charger coolant filler cap bracket mod.

Should get it back tomorrow or Monday if all goes well.

I was offered a Corsa as a loaner... I declined their kind offer!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the car back this afternoon and I am not happy.

The finish on the bumper that was resprayed is not at all good. Basically it looks like they haven't put on a clear coat. It isn't shiny. You can see where they have sprayed and where they haven't. It will be going back to have it done properly.

I was kinda expecting that the car might be charged when I picked it up but it wasn't. I have a 50 mile trip to the dealer so it would have been nice to not to have to use so much petrol for the return trip. It was valeted though but I suppose that was done after the respray work anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts