Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 3 day test drive and I got down to about 25 miles petrol left. When i recharged the car it still kept pinging at me telling me i was low on fuel. Can this be switched off as i will hardly use petrol in the car and it seems daft carrying the extra weight around? Not a massive issue i'd have to just hold more fuel.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Well......25 miles is only an estimate of course and is probably only about half a gallon or so...very little indeed. On any normal car you'd probably have the warning light on or flashing until you put some in, so it's probably reasonable, and there's no way I know of turning it off, as there wouldn't be on a petrol or diesel car. The have been discussions on this forum in the past about the effect on battery mileage of carrying the weight of petrol around, which concluded it made very little difference - other factors like terrain, weather and driving style being much more significant

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I got mine down to 45-50 miles before the low fuel light came one. You can clear the message manually by pressing the config button whenever you start the car, but it's probably easier to keep just over a gallon of fuel in it to stop it coming on in the first place:)
In the grand scheme of a car that weighs what 1800kgs, another 4kg of fuel is probably not noticeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts