Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the storage that sits in the gap between the rear seats on the Ampera.

We never really used it and it went into he garage and forgotten about so hardly used.

£35 + shipping (or free delivery if in range of Leaf in a single day from Plymouth!!!!!)

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
One of these Paul?

Am I right in thinking that these don't fit the 2013/14 MY cars with the rear armrest?
(like this)

Derek

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... that is the one...

Will it fit with an armrest? No idea Derek... sorry. I have never seen an Ampera with the armrest so can't comment.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ours was a 2012 so ff you don't have the armrest at the back Dave then it should be perfect. It just velcros onto the back of the seats and fills in the gap between the seatbacks.

I didn't use it because I was always putting the back seats down for my hobby (model helicopters) but it is a handy place to store bits and bobs and finishes off the back IMO.

Can you PM me Dave :)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
It does not fit the later model, I bought one from the dealership and had to take it back for a refund. Well it can be sat a bit higher to allow the 'soft bag' to clear the armrest but then it sits higher than the backrest and the armrest will not open easily. It can be put on in reverse with the bag accessible from the boot but again it will sit slightly high and the velcro to hold it to the back seat will be on the wrong face.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
It does not fit the later model, I bought one from the dealership and had to take it back for a refund. Well it can be sat a bit higher to allow the 'soft bag' to clear the armrest but then it sits higher than the backrest and the armrest will not open easily. It can be put on in reverse with the bag accessible from the boot but again it will sit slightly high and the velcro to hold it to the back seat will be on the wrong face.
Thanks for confirming Ian. That was what I thought I had heard. I suppose the solution would be to simply remove the rear armrest and then it would fit.

Anyway, hopefully @Paul_Churchley has got it sold now.

Derek

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have but all I need to do is find a box to post it in... struggling at the moment but I am sure I'll sort it :)

·
The Long Ranger
24 Posts
Hi Paul, I know this was a while ago, but did you sell it? Mine is missing this! If you still have it please get in touch!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I bought a grey boot tidy from Lidl years ago. Velcro strips keep it firmly in place. It hides the gap and is really useful for storing the extension cable and other things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts