Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Considering purchasing an Ampera – we've looked at them before and really like them. However, we have two under-4s and another one the way so we'll need three car seats in the back. We were looking at getting a Multimac 1000 (can't post link as first post, so please Google!) which requires removal of the rear seat bases (not a problem) but, in the Ampera, would also require the removal of the central rear tunnel/arm rest.

Is this possible? Does it unscrew or is it linked through to the front one? If it's removed is there then a flat floor which we could install the Multimac on?

Any advice/guidance greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
Link to Volt post and some PDFs.

AFAIK it won't be flat because the battery is a T shape under rear seat and down center of car, but looking at Multimac legs I don't think that will be an issue.

Edit - Just seen that Ampera is listed as compatible with professional installation and they recommend Superclub 1200. Presumably already had customers?

Screenshot_20191002-122408.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mmmm, 2 toddlers plus a baby, in a car with a not exactly huge boot? Where are you going to put the pushchair? Plus numerous change bags/toys/steriliser, etc etc? I love my Amp, but I've got 2 kids who don't need prams etc. I worry the Amp isn't suited to your needs.

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
A lot of people carry three kids in a Fiesta or Zoe, so I guess depends on use case. Going on a 2 week holiday maybe not, but for a couple of nights away or local use I think boot is probably big enough if you pack it sensibly.

The Multimac is a good solution for Ampera but isn't cheap. However it can be easily moved to another car and is a lot safer than booster seats and adult belts. The video shows just how much thought they have put into it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Multimac is a good solution for Ampera but isn't cheap. However it can be easily moved to another car and is a lot safer than booster seats and adult belts. The video shows just how much thought they have put into it.

Fascinating! Surely you could only fit 4 quite small kids in that though, the 3 seat version would be a less stressful option?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts