Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just booked my (new to me) Ampera in for it's 7 year service at Bellingers.
They've told me it is subject to a recent recall and that they will need it for an extra hour to do a software update.
It is a very early MY13 car, registered Dec'12.

Anyone know anything about this recall? Servicing has been done annually at the supplying dealers, Vauxhall Telford.

·
Twin Amperas
42 Posts
No mention of this when Bellingers serviced my MY12 registered May 13 Ampera a couple of weeks ago...

Be interesting to know any further details once they've done it...!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Just about due a service.....

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,384 Posts
I've nothing outstanding, maybe it's a customer satisfaction rework, kind of like the tailgate struts, not safety, just to keep customers happy. You can check here for any outstanding safety recalls.

·
Registered
325 Posts
There was a recall showing for my Volt on the MOT check site for a few weeks over a year ago but it dissappeared.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I'll report back afterwards. It's going in on Friday 13th, thankfully I'm not superstitious!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from the Bellingers in Wantage after the interim service, and they told me the software update done under the warranty was for the charging module, apparently to fix problems with the timing of delayed charging. They said mine was the first they had done, and expect to be doing all the amperas that come their way.
All the paperwork says is "Warranty - N120241 carried out today."
Interim service was a reasonable £88 or so, after 25% service club discount., and they lent me a courtesy car.
Two other ampeas in the car park when I got back to pick mine up, a black 14 plate and a red 64 plate, both very tidy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just got back from the Bellingers in Wantage after the interim service, and they told me the software update done under the warranty was for the charging module, apparently to fix problems with the timing of delayed charging. They said mine was the first they had done, and expect to be doing all the amperas that come their way.
All the paperwork says is "Warranty - N120241 carried out today."
Interim service was a reasonable £88 or so, after 25% service club discount., and they lent me a courtesy car.
Two other ampeas in the car park when I got back to pick mine up, a black 14 plate and a red 64 plate, both very tidy.
That’s good to know. I’ve been experiencing delayed charging issues with mine.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Gosh that's a fair price, I paid £300 for my 'oil change only' service at Arnold Clark Manchester!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts