Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to fly from Newcastle down to the South of England in mid-May. Does anyone know if any of the car rental companies at the Airports (Gatwick, Heathrow, Southampton) offer the Ampera? I am seriously thinking of asking for an Ampera for my next company car at the end of this year and I would be interested in using one for a weekend before then. Also I have seen comments that the view through the rear window is poor - is it bad enough to put you off recommending the Ampera? I presume the Volt has the same rear view.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I dont know about the rental thing - you could try looking up on the internet of course. But regarding the rear view thing, it's certainly never been an issue for me, though it's not as good as some other cars. But its also not as BAD as some other cars! To some extent its a personal thing - I've never had any problem being aware of whats going on behind me.

·
Premium Member
11,644 Posts
Rear view not brilliant but the camera helps and it does not cause me any problems.

Not sure if you will find one for rent, but why not take benefit of the 3 day test drive from your nearest dealer
https://www.vauxhallfleet.co.uk/testdrive

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Zip Car has at least one Ampera, but as to how you'd go about getting that one car I don't know.

I'd recommend a proper weekend test drive, then you should get a car with some charge in it to start off. It's much nicer driving pure EV mode before driving in range extender mode (that would mirror usage too).

The restricted view is not a massive problem, there are two rear windows, and the camera makes it easier than many other cars. yes the volt is pretty much identical except for styling/trim.

·
Premium Member
11,644 Posts
Still on their web site for company car drivers - see link I posted above

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,713 Posts
I was able to have the 3 day test drive last month as a private individual. Car was delivered from Bolton to Crieff on a Friday and collected back the following Tuesday. The customer satisfaction survey I received afterwards was more relative to company car buyers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.