Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe our Ampera is a MY2013 even though it was not registered until 2015.
I have accepted this and the fact that the satnav data is likely to be out of date - however when driving home from Fareham today (a distance of around 100 miles), on several occasions the satnav suggested alternative routes to avoid current traffic congestion. How does this work? And, how did it know about the roadworks on the A34?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,547 Posts
It picks up traffic information from TMS through a radio station, Classic FM I think or it is in my case in central Scotland. Basically, it sits and listens to Classic FM for a signal about traffic then decodes it and presents on the SatNav screen if it is relative to your journey that you have keyed in. There is an option to manually select a TMS station but up here they are few and far between and it just seemed to work with Classic FM so I left it on there, fortunately, (in my case) you don't have to listen to Classic FM whilst it does all this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
On the only occasions I have accepted the alternative routing, I have ended up in the middle of nowhere and going in the wrong direction, so I think it is the work of the devil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts