Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year I have trouble booking in my Vauxhall for service. nothing fancy just plain annual service. This year they have excelled themselves. Online booking done (and email confirmation). No-one collected the car. Rang up, no record of the booking. was re-booked over the phone for a MONTH later (inc. collection) called today as it's due tomorrow, no record of collection. Next available date is 2nd august! Cannot do that as it needs to be done now to re-activate the lifetime warrantee. I suggest courtesy car - that will need license, NI Number (?) my own insurance (?) and any damage will cost me 1K (???) needless to say they can stick this and I will be making a nuisance of myself in the service dept. until my car is done.
If you need to use Go Wimbledon for service I'd suggest you take notes of everything, stupidly I trusted them and didn't take not of dates, time or persons spoken to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have to say that I've not had that experience with them but then last time I used them was October last year for the annual service.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
In my experience the online booking thing never works - I've tried it twice and both times there was no record of the booking because it's done via a centralised system and it often doesn't properly update the actual dealership. Best to do it by phone. I also don't bother with the collection service as it's one more thing to go wrong.
If it's a simple service, turn up first thing and then just sit and drink their coffee and bring a laptop to waste away a few hours on the internet...
Richard

Reactions: Freebird

·
Registered
595 Posts
In my experience the online booking thing never works - I've tried it twice and both times there was no record of the booking because it's done via a centralised system and it often doesn't properly update the actual dealership. Best to do it by phone. I also don't bother with the collection service as it's one more thing to go wrong.
If it's a simple service, turn up first thing and then just sit and drink their coffee and bring a laptop to waste away a few hours on the internet...
Richard
I had the same experience at two different dealerships, online booking didnt work. I agree about the collection service also, once I was asked if i minded someone else driving my car, sort of set alarm bells off. As Richard says, turn up early and drink the coffee.

·
On a journey....
74 Posts
My experience with Go Vauxhall has been really pretty good. I always speak directly with Stan the service manager who is great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine is going to Marshalls of Peterborough on Thursday 23rd for 50000 mile service and hopefully battery coolant change. Will let you know how we get on.!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Brian, service was ok, they stripped front & rear brakes as they were abit rusty, probably because I drive in L most of time so don't use them much. Mot in june had mentioned they were rusty but not a problem they said. But the dredded battery coolant change did not happen as the only fitter trained to do it had the day off. No one thought to mention it before !!! Hopefully it will be done on 11th Sept. Apart from that nice people, service dept like Amperas, so it was washed when I got it back. Do you live in this neck of the woods ?. I live just outside of Boston, it takes abt 1 hr to Marshalls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts