Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my car from Toomey Vauxhall, not happy about after sales but thats another story. They are not an Ampera Service Centre. The car has always been serviced at Underwoods in Colchester for Toomey. My car is due for a 4 year service in July this year, it will be the first time its been serviced while I have owned it.
I had planned on keeping the car serviced (and repaired if necessary) at Underwoods, and I wondered if anyone had any experience of them?
I bought a new set of mats from them last year with no problems, but last December I ordered and paid for two tailgate bumpers. A month later I phoned them and it turned out that they had ordered the wrong parts from Germany (large parts it seemed as too big for postage). I have called them twice since then and I get the same answer 'I will call you back' and they dont.
Now I have tied to bear with this for the last 4 months as I wanted to keep a good relationship with the garage (its the nearest to me and its 50 miles). But Im getting to the stage where I am going to have to start jumping up and down and asking for a refund. If it gets difficult then I wont want to have my car serviced there (I will go further if I have to).
So has anyone used Underwoods for servicing or repairs, and would a problem between me and the parts department affect the servicing people?

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts
Sorry to hear your dealer isn't so great. Hopefully service department is better than their spares team.

If you are quick I have tailgate bumpers and you can ask them for refund.

Ampera Tailgate (Boot) Bumpers

Reactions: Freebird

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear your dealer isn't so great. Hopefully service department is better than their spares team.

If you are quick I have tailgate bumpers and you can ask them for refund.

Ampera Tailgate (Boot) Bumpers
Thanks @proddick, I saw your post earlier and I jumped at the chance and bought and paid for two. Thanks for doing that its much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts