Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Vauxhall don't supply spacesaver wheels for the Ampera does anyone know if the Chrysler 300 c spacesaver fits I've been told the wheel studs are the same, I believe there is a steel wheel available from Vauxhall as a spare but not a spacesaver. I don't like the idea of not having a spare wheel especially on a motorway..

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Relevant point for me. Got a nail in tyre yesterday - judged unrepairable and spent all morning trying to source replacement. Had to go for Continental in the end as only quality one of right size I could get in area. Repair kit not much use for me. Just glad I didn't get stranded somewhere remote.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
I had that with my last Corsa, LPG so no spare. I had a hole in the tyre that only jamming the can of sealant in might have fixed! I bought 2 new tyres and had the remaining good one put on a steel rim that filled more than half the boot but gave me peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Blew a 6" lump of tread off a tyre on my Volvo, fortunately I had a spare tyre, otherwise it would have been flat bed home.....
I guess the idea with the repair kit, is that you stop as soon as the dashboard whines at you, and that should enable the can of gloop to seal it.....
Not really convinced that it works, but equally don't want to lose all my boot space ! #firstworldproblems :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
As Vauxhall don't supply spacesaver wheels for the Ampera does anyone know if the Chrysler 300 c spacesaver fits I've been told the wheel studs are the same, I believe there is a steel wheel available from Vauxhall as a spare but not a spacesaver. I don't like the idea of not having a spare wheel especially on a motorway..
I insisted on buying a space saver wheel for my Chevy Volt from Phoenix 2 years ago which they supplied. It is stored in the boot

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will get back to you later
The reference numbers on the space saver wheel are
GM BNX Germany DOT E 400BTX 16H2 IS25 2160140
The fitted tyre is Continental T125/70R16
The wheel and tyre were purchased from Phoenix Wimbledon now called Go Vauxhall Wimbledon. You could contact the parts department.
Hope that helps

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
Thanks @Derek Thomas , how well does it fit in the boot? In my LPG Corsa, although not a space saver spare, the wheel had to be jammed in between the rear seat backrest and the tailgate and took up over half the space, one thing good about that was that it did not rattle or move about at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks @Derek Thomas , how well does it fit in the boot? In my LPG Corsa, although not a space saver spare, the wheel had to be jammed in between the rear seat backrest and the tailgate and took up over half the space, one thing good about that was that it did not rattle or move about at all.
I store the wheel flat on the boot floor. I need to buy a wheel cover maybe. Phoenix also supplied a jack

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The reference numbers on the space saver wheel are
GM BNX Germany DOT E 400BTX 16H2 IS25 2160140
The fitted tyre is Continental T125/70R16
The wheel and tyre were purchased from Phoenix Wimbledon now called Go Vauxhall Wimbledon. You could contact the parts department.
Hope that helps
How much did the wheel and tyre cost when you bought them if you don't mind me asking @Derek Thomas ? I'm tempted myself, as I've had two occurrences of slow deflation due to nails through tyres in less than two years.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I bought the same tyre on a rim to fit my Plugin Prius from a scrapyard. £20 and it was as new, totally unused. A number of Toyota's use the same wheel so easy to find.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Having just done a bit more research and more than a bit of reading on here, I feel I can add to something to the Ampera spare wheel/space saver discussion, hope this is not already been covered and this is not an egg sucking lesson etc etc.

Figuring out the detail from what others had said and the fact that the Mk6 Astra and latest Zafira are our same basic platform, I have just bought and trial fitted a -

Zafira C "Tourer" 17" inch space saver, 16" ones are available and mentioned here, but I was not totally convinced that one would go over the fairly chunky Ampera brakes, I think now that it would do, so no worries.
The bigger engined Astra and Zafira have a bigger set of brakes it seems, so just to make sure I went for the biggest spare.

It's 3.5" by 17" H2, is definitely 5 x 115mm PCD and is 70.1+mm ID to fit over our hubs.
IS 25 (offset I imagine that IS means) although it is a smaller rolling diameter by 2.4"

GM part number is 13350701 Alpha code AAJU is stamped into it.
Opel part number is 10 02 645
125/70/17 Tyre is dated 4714 so, a late last year car for sure. it's also unused, which is nice.

also stamped in the rim is 2170110, no clue what that means and a swift google turns up nothing.

It was a fairly ok £60 delivered from an eBay modern car breaker.
Buying new rim and tyre from the cheapest places I found would be about 120£.

It fits perfectly, at least 20 mm clearance inside, from the steel rim to the periphery of the caliper, have photos of it fitted I can post when I upload them, as I am away from home PC currently. (tested in work car park in the daylight see!)

partsbase page with this one on -

OPEL ZAFIRA-C 2012...: ROAD WHEELS: ROAD WHEELS STEEL WHEELS (SPARE)

Possibly even better could be an Astra H (Mk6) one, which seem to be 4" wide not 3.5" , if one could be found -
OPEL ASTRA-J 2010...: ROAD WHEELS: ROAD WHEELS STEEL WHEELS (SPARE)

In the initial eBay ad, this purports to be off a Zafira C, i.e the latest shape MPV Zafira, the ones with the Ampera/Meriva style boomerang headlight trim bits at the front.
Older Zafiras, i.e early Mk4 Astra based A and B cars are either 4x100 or 5x110 PCD, depending on spec. don't buy one of those.

My thoughts were I just wanted a lightweight get off the motorway/get to work spare, not a full set of steelies (also available are two designs of 7" x 17" Zafira steelies too) 17" or indeed one big fat 7 inch steelie in the boot all the time.

Pics later.

Reactions: h8ten
1 - 20 of 49 Posts