Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With only 1,200 or so Amps registered in the UK I figured that parts availability may be an issue.
Fortunately, it seems that I need not have worried - I have been very impressed with the service that I have received from H.S. Components Ltd also trading as Genuine Parts Search or GPS
So far they have been able to locate tailgate reflectors, door handles, and various small parts such as clips and fixings that I needed to replace. I haven't been a big spender but I received first class service. All that was necessary is to find the correct GM part number and use the GPS search function.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Been using them for a few years now for parts for my various Vauxhalls. Regularly cheaper than main dealers and enthusiastic to help find that elusive part when main dealer parts staff can't be bothered.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to add to my earlier post: for those small parts that prove impossible to find in the UK, I have found Charles Clark Chevrolet, based in McAllen, Texas USA, extremely helpful. They also trade as GMPartsOnline.net - import duty and exchange rates add a lot to the overall price but delivery via DHL is quick and reliable.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Just to add to my earlier post: for those small parts that prove impossible to find in the UK, I have found Charles Clark Chevrolet, based in McAllen, Texas USA, extremely helpful. They also trade as GMPartsOnline.net - import duty and exchange rates add a lot to the overall price but delivery via DHL is quick and reliable.
This emphasizes the point the Ampera is really a MK1 Volt and there were a lot of these sold in US (where the Amp was made) as consequence parts are available. Might be a bit slow/ long winded to get but they are there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts