Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
All depends what you want! Some body parts like mirrors are perhaps best imported from USA, thx to decent volume of cars there. Some panels like the Ampera-styled front bodywork may have to come from Germany, and who knows if they have any in stock anyway! Most ICE parts should be common to Astra, but CV driveshafts aren't, and perhaps the best for these is aftermarket clones on eBay. I've just been through the process of ordering & importing the genuine GM items from USA, as was cheaper than a Vx dealer. But the aftermarkets would have been cheaper still.

Broken boot clips & failed door-buttons are best repaired using the kits for this that I make & sell on eBay. GM clips were badly designed, and made very weak at the point where greatest strength is needed! Mine are strong. GM switches in door use a pathetic bit of PCB that rapidly breaks up. I use a proper, quality switch.

Oh, when you get it, check it has a mesh grill of some sort protecting the radiator low-down behind numberplate. Essential. V expensive bricked-car job if these get damaged, and plenty do as GM failed to protect at all!!! Plans for diy item here. Free - Ampera Radiator Protective Grille Plans & Guide

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.