Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1487 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having never seen another Ampera around me here in Horndean since I got mine last October, my daughter just texted me to say she has seen a white Ampera in waterlooville just now, with reg number starting YP62 .. Is this one of you chaps? :)

·
Militant EV driver!
4,927 Posts
I've seen a white one heading west on the M27 with an Opel badge.

There's also a black one that I see heading north through Colden Common and Twyford fairly regularly at about 8:45 in the morning. One time the traffic was moving slowly enough that I was able to flash the lights but no reaction from the driver.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
There's an Ampera parks regularly in the next door car park on the business park where I work. It's a British Gas office, so they have charging points in their car park [jealous].

·
Registered
705 Posts
It was not our black Ampera at that time but we are usually in Colden Common Fridays arriving about 4pm and leaving at 6.30pm. In 7 months and 8500 miles I have only seen one other Ampera on the road which was a grey one heading east on the a303 near Andover one Friday about 3.30 pm
Geoff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Big thumbs up from/to a dark blue Ampera on the A33 Swallowfield by-pass this morning on my regular commute from Reading to Basingstoke.

The first other Amp/Volt I have seen "in the wild".

·
Registered
86 Posts
Saw a red one south bound on the M1 Friday night @8pm just north of Leicester, I was heading north for a couple of weeks working at the home of the Leaf, lots of people quite interested at the Ampera charging at the onsite CYC posts :)

Gary

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still never seen a 'wild one' in all my travels around south Hampshire and West Sussex! You're quite near me every day David when you go to work but you're in the car park all day :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can I claim some sort of record???????

In a week I've seen a "hat trick" of other Amperas!

1. Last Friday heading South on the A5 near Little Brickhill (just) in Buckinghamsire at about 4.00PM a White Ampera
2. Monday this week I turned onto the A421 and followed another White Ampera heading Westbound out of Milton Keynes for a short distance
3. This morning as I turned onto the Totternhoe Road a Silver Ampera was heading out of Dunstable

I'm not expecting this "record" to last very long but felt it worth mentioning especially as some people (me amongst them) went for months without seeing any others!

Happy Hunting

Big Paul

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! Still zero :) (Apart from the SocEV meetups!)

·
Registered
145 Posts
1. Last Friday heading South on the A5 near Little Brickhill (just) in Buckinghamsire at about 4.00PM a White Ampera

Big Paul[/quote]

That was my car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Big Paul said:
Can I claim some sort of record???????

In a week I've seen a "hat trick" of other Amperas!

2. Monday this week I turned onto the A421 and followed another White Ampera heading Westbound out of Milton Keynes for a short distance
3. This morning as I turned onto the Totternhoe Road a Silver Ampera was heading out of Dunstable

I'm not expecting this "record" to last very long but felt it worth mentioning especially as some people (me amongst them) went for months without seeing any others!

Happy Hunting

Big Paul
The Silver one this morning heading out of Dunstable this morning on the Totternhoe Road would have been my Dad going to work (sorry going to Golf) :lol: . He is LK13 on here.
It was not me in my silver one because I was at work. :evil:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Big Paul,
Pro Ampera (my son) is right, it was me on my way to play golf at Aylesbury Vale Golf Club. You'll recall we waved to each other as you entered the main road.
You are not cheating with me as I am retired and it is a privately owned car. You are the 4th Ampera I have seen since I bought mine in March this year. The first was white and heading north on the A5 near Little Brickhill in April. Another white one, in the Sandringham Estate car park in July and the third a silver vehicle in a hotel car park in Norwich, also in July.
Happy spotting,
LK13.

·
Premium Member
10,168 Posts
Passed an identical Ampera to mine (silver) yesterday afternoon just south of Swallowfield near Reading. Any of you?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Brian,
Good to see you at 4.00PM on a Friday. Was that "POETS" day then?

LK13,
Good to see you as well. I too am retired and having visited my mother in Dunstable, was also off to play Golf --- not very well it turns out!

As for the white one heading towards Buckingham on the A421 I doubt that was a Luton Vauxhall based car since the Sat Nav is not that bad (LOL)

Anyway, just to make it 4 in 8 days, I saw a Silver Chevrolet Volt this morning. Again on the A421, this time heading East towards the M1 out of Milton Keynes (where I live)

I accept the proximity to Vauxhall HQ might affect the population of Amperas in the area, but I live about 25 miles away and I don't think there are still too many on their employee fleet yet

Regards

Big Paul

1 - 20 of 1487 Posts