Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1489 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Great to see after a year we actually have a positive forum member sighting, well done Big Paul and LK13! I think its only going to get harder, I guess there are well over 800 on the road now.

I too had another sighting on Sunday at Sheffield Meadowhall where a white Ampera was also charging.

(Meadowhall charging points are just external 13A mains sockets, maybe time to put in a Zero carbon world unit or two?)

·
Registered
137 Posts
So, that's the three Amperas accounted for and just the Volt to identify!

And none of them linked directly to Vauxhall HQ in Luton!

I've used "directly" as I used to work there before retiring, but I also bought mine as a private customer.

Big Paul

·
Registered
145 Posts
Saw white Ampera heading east on the A505 Leighton Buzzard bypass about 4-30pm today, I was waiting for you to pass for me to turn right towards Stanbribge, the person behind decided to try to undertake me :eek: so lost my excitement of seeing a fellow Ampera driver, it's getting to be quite a club of Ampera drivers around these parts :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Hi Big Paul

Silver Chevy Volt would have been me.

Strange thing is i have seen 1 Ampera and 2 Volts on my travels even though there are 10 times as many Amperas.

AndyG

·
Militant EV driver!
4,927 Posts
Saw a white Ampera going over the M3 bridge between Winchester and Shawford last Thursday evening as I was driving underneath. My colleague said he saw a white one in the car park at Whiteley shopping centre later that same night. Could have been the same one.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks Andy G

That's all 4 accouted for then.

Sods law that since spotting you I've seen no others (Ampera or Volt)

Perhaps what's forecast to be a bumper September for new car registrations will add some more in to the mix!

Big Paul

·
Registered
167 Posts
Saw a Silver Ampera heading north on A5 about 100 yards south of M1 junction 9 this morning at 8.25am. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
In a year, I've STILL yet to see another Volt or Ampera in all my travels in South Hampshire and West Sussex! :)

Mike (Cyber Grey Ampera, Waterlooville).

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Big Paul said:
I was in West Susex (Burgess Hill) last Wednesday
Ah..too far east in West Sussex :) Chichester, Lavant, Goodwood etc are about as far east as I generally can be seen...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've only ever seen one other than mine(Alnwick) and thatnwas in Simon Peggs new movie 'The Worlds End'. It's parked near a pub and you glimpse it briefly as they are being chased by robots, then they hide behind it at one point.

A bit of - extremely subtle - product placement?

21 - 40 of 1489 Posts