Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1487 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have just spotted my second Ampera. The first was on the A303 some months ago heading east. The second is another first. It is an advert in today's Telegraph! This could be the start of a sales drive.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Found my first, and only, live Ampera outside my own house. Mistakenly thought they had spotted mine and were looking for little old me to exchange pleasantries and the like. No such luck. Be-suited driver dropping youngster off at primary school, driving company pool car whilst his was off the road, with no idea it was actually electric and no intention of finding out. Very short conversation.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I am not that surprised.

A year or so ago there was someone on one of the forums (might have been EV Chat) where someone wanted some info on benefit in kind but wasn't interested at all in the car or the fact that it was an EV.

He was considering buying an Ampera simply for the BIK and tax breaks and had no intention to plug it in!

It is a very wierd attitude given that he is clearly interested in the financial benefits yet one of the biggest benefits is gained when plugging in!

Some people are totally blind to EVs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have not seen any amperas on the roads around Liverpool ( all the small birds have gone as well , i blame the radar which is used everywhere now)there is a leaf used as a taxi

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I've seen a wine red Ampera in the station carpark most days for about 9 months of last year but not at all for a couple of months. Apart from that ive not seen another white one anywhere oddly.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I was at the Best Western in Maidstone last week, they only have one ZCW charger but there were two Amperas in the car park. fortunately the other owner had finished charging when I arrived at 10pm. I didn't get a chance to thank them for consideration in not blocking.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Or they didn't have the right lead! Type 2 charging unit.

I understand it was in use when I phoned the hotel at 5pm, and when I checked in they said the other driver had just finished. Ampera is only 4hrs on 16A afterall.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
There was also one dressed up as a Police car in the recent series Broadchurch
Watched Broadchurch this evening (super series BTW) and here it is... the reg starts VX12 which probably makes it a demo or ex-demo IIRC...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Spotted two Ampera's this morning. One red Ampera exiting the A1 at South Mimms on the M25 and another,grey, near the Hainault Business Park just outside Chigwell in Essex. Happy days.

41 - 60 of 1487 Posts