Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1478 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm on a roll this week. Red 15 plate going through Enslow, near Oxford.
That was us! We were returning from an appointment at the Churchill Hospital - taking the 'pretty route' through Islip and Adderbury rather than queueing for the M40 . . .

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have enrolled with the Instutute of Advanced Motorists because I reckon the Ampera makes me a much better driver. Interestingly, the coach that has been assigned to me has emailed to say that he is looking forward to meeting ‘the car’ !!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am also on a roll with these - coming out of Hunters Lane in Rugby this afternoon, just after telling my passenger how rare it is to see another Ampera, he pointed to a blue one across the road! It was in the queue of traffic leaving Rugby!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have enrolled with the Instutute of Advanced Motorists because I reckon the Ampera makes me a much better driver. Interestingly, the coach that has been assigned to me has emailed to say that he is looking forward to meeting ‘the car’ !!!
Does this give you cheaper insurance.? I’ve definitely slowed down driving mine

·
Registered
280 Posts
Does this give you cheaper insurance.? I’ve definitely slowed down driving mine
I believe that is one of the advantages - having reduced fuel costs significantly, insurance now represents a big chunk of my overall cost per mile.

·
Registered
331 Posts
A red one flashed me (in my white one) today, coming towards Wokingham on the Barkham Road. Never seeing any around here, I am not that used to recognising them and thus simply wasn't ready for it!! I did give a very late wave though :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've seen the silver one in Borehamwood again, twice in two days, as I now realise I drive past its home daily! It's a 10-reg, which is presumably transferred or personalised.

At some point I'll spot it coming the opposite way in enough time to actually wave or flash or double-toot or something.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
A red one flashed me (in my white one) today, coming towards Wokingham on the Barkham Road. Never seeing any around here, I am not that used to recognising them and thus simply wasn't ready for it!! I did give a very late wave though :)
Smokie, that was me! Had my car a couple of months and you were my first ‘spot’ since driving away with it from E-Cars. Didn’t catch the wave so glad to know you saw the flash. Funnily enough the only other one I’ve seen since (almost) being an owner was while actually making the payment to purchase. Gazing idly while on the ‘phone to the bank an identical red one drove right past the showroom.

1421 - 1440 of 1478 Posts