Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1581 - 1587 of 1587 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hope you not confusing MY with Registration Plate year. Confirm the MY with the VIN. There seem to be a lot of MY12 cars on 15 plates about for example.
The Model Years run mid September to August I think hence the confusion. The MY14's (solid colour seats, different satnav) appear to have been test cars bought in in 2013 and registered and used by Vauxhall and hence were sold later on a 13 plate, there is one for sale currently at Newcastle Vauxhall - see the Guide to buying a second hand Ampera for a link and a VIN decoder. Only this model has a supposedly updateable satnav.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Ampera MY13
4 Posts
Thanks for the info friend! i can get by on the sat nav ! just as i drove home the day i got it i was driving over the new forth bridge and was seeing a blue river no bridge he he! iv got navdy thats the one that plugs into the car diagnostic socket, and the clear map floats on the end of the bonnet! and the maps and firmware are free on the navdy forum ! so no problems with out of date maps! funny i have a 2006 300c and the same company navteq did the same with it no updates for the maps since 2012! i think they should get a rocket for these actions! cheers.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Ampera MY13
4 Posts
Thanks for the info friend! i can get by on the sat nav ! just as i drove home the day i got it i was driving over the new forth bridge and was seeing a blue river no bridge he he! iv got navdy thats the one that plugs into the car diagnostic socket, and the clear map floats on the end of the bonnet! and the maps and firmware are free on the navdy forum ! so no problems with out of date maps! funny i have a 2006 300c and the same company navteq did the same with it no updates for the maps since 2012! i think they should get a rocket for these actions! cheers.
p.s the latest firm ware and maps for navdy is june 2020 !

·
Registered
Vauxhall Ampera MY13
4 Posts
Hope you not confusing MY with Registration Plate year. Confirm the MY with the VIN. There seem to be a lot of MY12 cars on 15 plates about for example.
The Model Years run mid September to August I think hence the confusion. The MY14's (solid colour seats, different satnav) appear to have been test cars bought in in 2013 and registered and used by Vauxhall and hence were sold later on a 13 plate, there is one for sale currently at Newcastle Vauxhall - see the Guide to buying a second hand Ampera for a link and a VIN decoder. Only this model has a supposedly updateable satnav.
[/QUOTE The 10th vin digit is D and it has the armrest in the back ! cheers friend!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Impressed to see a dark grey Amp at the Dartmeet car park on Dartmoor at about 17:30 today (Monday Aug 10th). Must have been a few spoiler scrapes I would imagine!

1581 - 1587 of 1587 Posts