Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

So I have a 2013 Vauxhall Ampera that nearly always runs on electric. However recently when the engine kicks in it runs absolutely fine except when it cuts itself out because it has regenerated enough power momentarily. It gets a horrible squeak like it is a belt going. I changed the water pump and the subsequent drive belt but the noise is exactly the same.

I am not sure if anyone has had this problem, the car has done 150k miles and has a full service history

I was wondering if it could be something that relates to engine charging the generator or any link in between. I am stuck on this one as the drive belt I changed seems to be the only belt related to the running of the petrol engine.

Once again any ideas on where to look would be very greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Outlander
3,977 Posts
It is not clear what order work was done in, or when the noise started. Would there be pressure/squeal from bearings if the drive belt is too tight?

Edit: After reading the blog below it appears to be fake Google trickery. It suggests early and later models had different pulleys and tensioners 🤷‍♂️

In either case, if pulleys were replaced at same time as the belts, might they need lubricating?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply BurningNaturalGas, I will have a check and see what I find, will be sure to report back on this one. The noise started randomly one day so I changed the pump and belt but the noise continued.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts