Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I don't own or have the money to own an Ampera but
I am a fully Vauxhall trained Ampera technician.

just thought i'd register to see how you owners are getting on with the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

As for the car I for one am loving the car (even though I don't drive it).

The only "issue" that I've knocked up against (as the official car co-pilot) is the keyboard - what sort of nutter thinks that an "abc" keyboard layout would be a better fit than the "standard" "qwerty" layout???? - craziness.

cheers

g

·
Premium Member
11,236 Posts
Agree re keyboard layout - I assumed there would be an option to change it but I haven't found it...
It is also a shame that the Nav doesn't support full UK postcodes, I believe the Nissan Leaf does ;-)

I guess issues like this should be fixable with software updates - let's hope GM/Opel/Vauxhall are going to be proactive in this regard.

Paul Roddick

p.s. Got mine Sunday and loving it so far :D

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Yes the Leaf does support full postcodes. I didn't know the Ampera didn't... that is a shame. As you say, perhaps a software upgrade might fix that.

Nissan have been OK regarding fixing issues but not so pro-active regarding changing functionality. Problems have been fixed quickly but the software is still pretty much as it was at launch a year ago on the Leaf. I hope GM are more pro-active regarding the Ampera.

One cause for optimism is that having driven the pre-production Ampera at the London docklands event and then again at the ePioneer event a few months ago there are several changes to the software that I think I have spotted. I am not 100% sure about it but I believe that there have been several changes to the way range info is displayed. If they are making those kinds of changes so close to launch then there is hope they will make step-changes after launch with the software.

Fingers crossed :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I am also a fully Vauxhall trained Ampera technician.
I thought it might be a good idea to keep in touch! May be able to share problems, not that I expect many. I think the build quality is very good. This may be the car that saves GM!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts