Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a click noise when putting foot on and off brake. Went for repair and turns out the brake pads were woern and dics needed repacing. Vauxhall hadn't pick this up 4 months before for the MOT. The garage I went to were very good and did the work in a day much better than the dealer.. They contacted me to say the noise had gone but when put in reverse there was a ticking noise. I think it has done this before but cannot remember, They suggest going to a transmission expert...but has any one got any ideas what it could be. It runs smoothly iin drive and in reverse.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
@Admin plz move this to the General Motors EV Forum -> First Gen Ampera section.

In the mean time, do you get this ticking when changing from accelerating to slowing down & vice-versa? What precise action (or combination of) triggers it? There's a known issue with the front wheel bearing nuts, if these have been undone (e.g. new bearings fitted) and the old ones reused, they can slacken ever-so-slightly, and the drive shaft splines start to clatter. Solution is get these central nuts tightened up. Ideally should always have new ones every time, and there's a special process to tighten these - needs phenomenal torque, and they go right to the yield stress in the process. Am not sure if it's safe to re-use this exact same procedure on old nuts though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The nouse was there before the brakes were renewed and they did check the torque and said it is as tight Has it can be. They suspect drive shaft or transmission but the noise is so sight and not all the time that they suggest if it gets louder then take it back and it will.give them a better idea what it is. They did check every thing they could and checked the ampera/ volt forums etc. To be perfectly honest I cannot hear anything but I suppose a experience mechanic has a better ear. So going to drive for a while and see how it goes.they did say.it was safe to drive unless above noise becomes worse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts