Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
It'd be interesting to find out how much the Ampera sold for as spares. I'd expect around £4k. The seller would take a %, then the balance to the insurer. So the payout by your insurer (I'm estimating £10k) would be somewhat mitigated.

I think you'll reflect you made the right decision. As an aside, the Vauxhall demonstrator on Autotrader with a £14k asking price is still unsold. Did you view that one?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

I think I have made the right decision given the circumstances. The 'Old Growler' (pictured above) that I replaced it with is more or less the same size and colour and, being a modern automatic, is very similar to drive. I have yet to measure the running costs but being a modern 'eco' diesel, and given the increases in electricity costs, it will not be significantly more.
Nevertheless, I do miss the Amp. - it was a great car. I believe it sold for a little over £5k with the auction fees and delivery etc. to be added on top of that. I have met the buyer who kindly cleared the hard drive for me and delivered the CD that I had left in the car - I was pleased to present him with the owners manual and second key in return! He has two other Amps. and a Tesla. It is good to know that my old Amp. will be carefully restored.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
View attachment 165414

My Amp. was hit by a truck on Wednesday - possibly my fault because I had inadvertently emerged at a country lane crossroads over an erased give way line and past a give way signpost that had been completely obliterated by overgrown bushes.
I gave the details to the insurer and was then contacted by a third party claims handler. My car was recovered by another firm on behalf of yet another third or fourth party operation. It took a lot of detective work and patience to speak to someone at the third party claims handler but I was told that my car had been taken to a garage where it would be assessed for repair. After more detective work I discovered that it had been take to Axiom accident repair centre in Daventry. However when I spoke with someone at Axiom, they told be that they had received instructions to release the vehicle to a salvage company called Copart. So my much loved Amp. will get written off and broken for parts.
I would not have known any of this had I not been prepared to spend a lot of time on the phone chasing down what had happened to my car - and so far no information directly from my insurer!
Any suggestions, advice, or just commiserations would be most welcome.
Make sure (demand)

that the full residual value in the battery is realised by its sale to a bona-fide lithium battery recycler or GM themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 62 of 62 Posts